1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help with Rockets Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Feb 13, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

I live in the LA area, i know not a good place to be a Rockets Fan but I use NBA Sprint to listen to live games via Craig Ackerman. Use Tune in radio to listen to Jim Rome and other stations. Is there a radio station that focuses on Rockets basketball? I tried listening to 610 but they always talk Texans.

Just want to listen to Rockets related info during my work day. Any info will help! Thanks Clutchfans

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

3. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Both 790 and 610 talk about both Rockets and Texans. 790 is the dedicated station for Rockets (broadcast) but both being local sports stations, they will talk about both teams. Texans is usually the topic most times.

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Try downloading the iHeart Radio app for your phone and listen to Sports Talk 790.

Much better for Rockets talk than 610

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

You can also try the 1560 AM station if aren't enjoying the other two. TuneIn radio and iHeart radio are good app choices.

6. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

The Iheartradio app is good and since you are in LA you can listen to the games on the 790 through your app since they aren't blacked out for you.

7. haydenfisher342

ok cool, ill give 790 a try. But to be honest I have only been trying for about a week, every time I try it was about texans. Bad timing I guess. Thanks again, i knew i could count on you thanks

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

790 tries to get Rocket talk going, but honestly, when about 35% of the area can watch Rockets games, there isn't going to be a lot of callers wanting to talk about a team they can't watch, so ultimately the talk will go to the Texans

9. haydenfisher342

:( that makes me sad

10. TheresTheDagger

Not true. Games are blacked out on iheartradio app no matter where you are.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

you can convert rockets cast live to mp3's and listen to it at work...
    youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fritz145?feature=watch

to convert youtube vids to mp3 i use: flv2mp3.com

12. haydenfisher342