1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP: Where should I watch Game 7?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by eric.81, Oct 20, 2004.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Hey all,

I had a 1st date planned for Thursday night with a really good-looking woman. When I talked to her tonight, to my utter relief, I found out that she's a big baseball (specifically Astros) fan. Rather than do the typical date stuff, she wants to watch the game with me somewhere.

So, being born and raised in The Woodlands, I don't really know a good place to watch this game in Houston (no, The Woodlands is NOT Houston). This girl lives in the Richmond area (pretty close to 59) so if ANYONE knows a good, cool, impressive place to take this girl to watch the game, PLEASE help me out with some suggestions.

Also, we're both 23 years old, so keep that in mind.

BIG thanks in advance to the friendly, knowledgeable members of my favorite site, CF.net.

eric

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

They have some good places in the Rice Village that would be appropriate for a date I think. Look into Two Rows on University Blvd. & Kirby as a place to eat and watch the game on big screens. Also, Baker Street is a nice joint and that is pretty much just a few doors down from Two Rows, also near University Blvd. And of course, Buffalo Wild Wings in the Rice Village is a another great "sports watching" spot but I would assume that the place will be as crowded as ever and a terrible date environment if you want to actually be able to hear what your date is saying. Or maybe that could be a good thing also:)

Have a great time whatever you decide.

PS: I also hear the Live Sports restaurant / bar is a great option!

#2 ron413, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

you could just go to Champs in Uptown Park area..thats Uptown Park Blvd @ Post Oak..just take 59 north to 610 north then exit post oak..go left on post oak..then right on uptown park blvd.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'll be watching from a sports bar in cozumel.

Drunk.

Go Astros.

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Hey guys, I have been noticing on the news a lot of guys watching the astros games in downtown on the streets on the sides of buildings. Does anyone know what streets the games are on? I saw some people doing this on Channel 2 news and fox news. Please help???

6. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Main @ Preston I know has one screen, right outside of Live Sports Cafe. I saw it right when I stepped outside :(

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They are doing a big celebration party tomorrow as well i will post the info for you in the forum so everyone can party in downtown When we win.

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Hey stack, I like your attitude

9. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Sounds like me!!! I spent my anniversary at Champps watching the game last Thursday, at my request of course. I suggest Champps for more of a date atmosphere...plus, if she likes martinis (like I do) they have $4 martinis on Thursdays until 7:00 and half priced appetizers until 7:00 also. Oh $10 buckets of domestics during the game too. Good luck!

#9 akperez, Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Champps is nice, but it might be hard to get a table tonight. Might want to try out Jillian's on I-10 @610.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If you're not where you want to watch the game by 5:00, you're gonna be screwed wherever you try to go.

BW3 Midtown was an absolute zoo yesterday.

12. mulletman

mulletman Member

i'd go to the village. two rows or bakerstreet.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Makes sense. Every nice sports bar in Houston will be packed tonight. You can run up a nice tab at a place like Champps from 5-10:30P.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yup. Luckily yesterday was cheap beer day at BW3 and I got out of there for $30 with tip after sitting there for over 6 hours!

15. coma

coma Contributing Member

Your best bet will be to head to Main Street. If you can't get into Live Sports Cafe, then at least you can watch it on the streets.

Or you can take your date to my house. But then you'd still be stuck figuring out where you'd go and watch the game.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You could watch it at home... :p

17. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Yeah, head downtown. It is going to be nutty and an experience that you really can't get anywhere else in the city. As far as Champps, I never really liked the atmosphere there. I mean, it is a "yuppie" sports bar, so reserved and so many 'golf claps'. I like my sports bars rugged and rough, like BW3 or Live (no offense Stack, lol). I mean, if she is the sports fan like you say she is, take her to a place that she can relax, get into the game and have a good time. I would think EVERY restaurant with a bar and a TV will be showing the game. Pappasito's might be a good choice. I know the one on Richmond gets rowdy during Houston sports events.

But everyone is right, unless you are going to get into the bar of choice by 5, you might be better off just watching it downtown outside.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

yet...

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That could be a really kickass first date if she's drunk and they win....

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

SRO has a lot of screens, the drinks are cheap and the atmosphere is as good as any sportsbar in Houston.

I prefer the Northwest Mall location.