1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help]Extended warranty for new car

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck88, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Just looking to see if anyone can recommend a good after-market extended warranty for my new Nissan. I was always told never to get the one from the dealer because you can get a good one for half the price elsewhere with the same coverage. I did a search but there are so many...wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I would recommend you not get an aftermarket one. You can get it for half-price, then 2 years later you may be left wondering where the hell the company and your money went. You can also negotiate extended warranties when you buy a new car. Try to get the deductible knocked down to $0 while you're at it.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I recommend staying away. I have read that it's not really worth the cost, and even if you do have problems in the future, they can find a reason to deny coverage.

And for sure do NOT go Warranty Direct. I got a quote from them and gave them my phone #, and ever since I've been bombarded with spam phone calls. I'm sure they sold my phone #.

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I got mine from PenFed. It was just under $1300 while GM's was around $2400 I think.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Warranties are like insurance, you hate paying for them until you actually need them. That being said, I would always take the dealer warranty over a 3rd party. There is a reason why the 3rd party is cheaper, from what I have heard, they tend to cause more headaches when trying to use them.

You should be able to negotiate a better price on a dealer warranty when buying a new car.

6. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

see my reply to the exact same topic a few months ago

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=202178&highlight=warranty

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Sorry to pry into your topic Buck88, but I have a similar question too though from CarMax.

I'm looking at buying a Land Rover from CarMax and I'm hearing terrible stories about the automobile's mechanism. If I get an extended warranty @ Carmax, does anyone have any experience with them? Will the parts be covered as it should say it is?

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Depends. Which parts. Older (from a few years ago) Land Rovers were some of the more unreliable vehicles made from everything I've read and heard. Are you trying to be a low budget balla? lol. :)

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Low budget baller.... You are correct sir :cool:

well I was actually paying $600/month with my previous car and now I've estimated this 2005 lr3 to be about $340/month. I figured if the warranty was covered for most of any problems then it would be a nice deal.:grin:

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I wish that Google thing would have worked out. Imagine if you could type in these kinds of questions and you could get your answer there!

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't get an extended warranty period.

12. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Check with your insurance company. They may have it. I know Geico does.