1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heck of a Genius

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

If it's been posted, please lock it up.

<iframe src="http://www.snotr.com/embed/3471" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thats great. its going to be an interesting world in a few decades.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The only thing I don't agree about this idea is the part where you are literally wearing your emotions on your sleeve. :grin:

Other than that, I like it...

4. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Pretty sick ...

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

real life minority report

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

You know like 99% of the stuff he talked about is conceptual.

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

....Is this real...?

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yeah, that's why I didn't like it. Sure, he had some visual examples, but those examples were based on a projector mounted on his head (which would require his head to be facing wherever the projection is). In addition, there's probably a lot of specific setup just to get those few examples working at all.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that goes without saying doesnt it. touch screen iphones had to start somewhere. or back in the late 90's people would have used iphones instead of these

[​IMG]

10. sew

sew Member

exactly..

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The prototype tech looks primitive in design and functionality. I like the idea of interactive objects but then again the setup and calibration of this kind of thing is tedious. You have the whole carrying a projector mounted on your body somewhere and the need for a surface to project the image on.

This biggest issue I have with this technology is the fact the creators fail to take into account why people use devices or computers in the first place. Speed, efficiency, and mobility of information are the reasons people like to go for certain devices like smart phones and tablet pads. The evolution of technology is based on these key factors. Right now an iphone with the proper apps can do everything in the demonstration in less time and with more accuracy. Just look at dialing a freaking phone number on your palm vs a quick dial of the touchscreen dial-pad. There is no competetion other than the palm technique looks much cooler in public. However, technology is generally adopted by mainstream users if it provides one of the 3 benefits listed above. For example, numerous attempts have been made to introduce live video phone technology to the mainstream but each time people have rejected it for one reason or another. Sometimes privacy, remoteness, and anonymity have been the issues. But mostly people prefer to move to simpler methods. So in the evolution of human communication the telephone was succeeded by the archaic form of sending written text messages. The simple concept of telegram service now in the hands of millions. Why did people move to a previous model of communication? Because technology made it faster, efficient, and portable.

That's why I think the next big breakthrough in technology will occur using a previously simple method. This interactive techs look pretty slick but there is a reason why all Virtual boy helmets fail in the end.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think this is the future of smart phones.

13. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

I'm PRETTY sure CCR aka ClutchCityReturns (whose birthday is today, btw) made a thread about this already... over a year ago.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Stalker much?

15. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

IBTL :grin:

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

17. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Genius?

He spelled laundry wrong.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's been posted here before. Fairly old.

Still, cool to spread it around. TED stuff is always good.

19. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Have you ever met a real life "Genius" before ? You would be surprised they don't get bogged down by the lil things like we average people do .

1 person likes this.
  20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

No, can't say that I have. When I meet people, the question "Are you a genius?" never really comes to my mind.