1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat scorched in the Finals: can it help us get LeBron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hajkov, Jun 13, 2014.

1. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

With or without McHale? With McHale..never. With Popavich, hell yeah.

2. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

If I were LBJ I would join the Clippers because not only do they have superstars but they are a deep team and great coach.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For the MLE?

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The fact you'd want a player that hops from team to team in hopes to further his legacy, says a lot about today's fans. No thank you. I'd rather continue building our team the way we are. Lebron can stay his azz in South Beach

5. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

Do some research before being an ******* online due to anonymity. Almost every single player is a free agent or has the possibility to be a free agent with opt out clauses. The Heat roster will look completely different next year.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Houston is not getting Lebron.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Huh?? You're saying if Lebron joined the Spurs, they wouldn't win the next 3 championships? Uhhh...ok.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lebron would never join a team that dinged his legacy by preventing a 3 peat:eek:

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

No chance of this happening, but Dwight/Lebron pairing may be the best defensive 1-2 punch since Jordan/Pippen/Rodman were still around.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's the thing with deep teams, they can't afford him. He's not exactly a minimum contract guy. It's kind of funny, people are suggesting that if he joins teams several million over the cap with players that contribute, that those teams would be good....

11. basketballholic

Great post, OP. And my thoughts exactly on the matter.

This board should try to name one team that has the ability to create $20 million of cap space that Lebron could walk into that would give Lebron a better chance to win in 2014-15.

Clippers can't create the cap space for Lebron to walk to. Only way then can get Lebron is to trade Blake for him. And while that makes the Clippers better and possibly contenders it doesn't make the Clippers a better long-term destination than the Rockets with Lebron filling out our starting unit.

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Dwight
    Lebron

is

elite offense

and

elite defense

12. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Lebron is not leaving the Eastern conference. His playoff opponents blow and he knows that.

1 person likes this.
  13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

If he stays in the East, he has a good chance of getting back each year. In the West, not so much, depending on what team he's on..

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"So if Lebron's sole purpose is to win championships"

[​IMG]

I'm not sure that's all there is to it, BUT if it is, wouldn't he be open to taking a massive paycut? If all that matters is winning rings, i think he'd rather take a massive paycut to get Melo to Miami. There would be less changes to make and he'd continue to be the face of that franchise instead of changing uniforms again. Plus, he loves llving there. He would also gain millions of haters instantly, if he left, again.

#74 RV6, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Any team that Has Harden & Parsons on it cannot be considered elite on D. That said it would be a potent Offense, albeit small in front court.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He should be target #1 for the Rockets, but I don't see it happening.

Makes sense on our end, but I don't know why LeBron would want to come to Houston. The franchise hasn't done anything since he was 8 or 9 years old. We're obviously a better organization than the Cavs, but you'd have to think he'll find other places that give him greater confidence than Houston.

17. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

....so u think you're getting rondo, then kevin love, then get bounced in the first round, now you think you're getting carmelo and lebron...get your head out of your asses

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

First, OP good job on laying out the topic. From all I've read Lebron wants to be recognized as the greatest BBall player ever. To be consider with MJ he needs to win more championships.

The East is obviously weaker than the West, but if he joins us we suddenly have the most formidable Big 3 in the NBA, plus a fairly talented surrounding cast. If we win championships, he can then say he did it playing in the best conference and against the best teams in the league.

Dwight looked strong last year and with LJ feeding him in the post and Harden on the wing this team's offense becomes devastating.

I've never been a big LJ fan, but he's an awesome player and brings some elements we need. If Lebron is the competitor he wants us all to believe he is, he'll come to the West, he'll come to Houston and finish his career as a Rocket.

Then my wife says, "Honey, wake up, Wake Up! You're mumbling something about Lebron and the Rockets. I think you must be dreaming."

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol and the overrating of a coaches importance continues. If Brooks can get a trio of guys under 25 to the finals in the West, McHale would have zero problems getting Lebron with 2 other all nbaers to the finals in the craptacular east.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Serious question - what enjoyment would you actually get out of winning a title with a team featuring LBJ, Harden and Howard? Who does this actually appeal to? Teenagers/adults who like to go play pickup games against elementary school kids and dunk on 8-foot goals? Were you also jumping up and down when Barkley elbowed that little 5-ft Angolan in the Olympics? How would winning the championship be an achievement under this scenario?