1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat doesn’t want Ryno according to Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Aug 18, 2018.

1. SummitKid83

SummitKid83 Member

That sucks...james Johnson was the guy I wanted ...is it possible we unleash Ryno in this new line up and he flourishes?

Hui likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What a colossal waste.

Reeko likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good point, i'm with you here, Riley can bring everyone back and enjoy his 8th seed/1st round exit for the next 2/3 years, they have no star, no assets to get one, no talent that can develop into a star...i'm sure he loves being in that position...lol.

Anyway, i have a difficult time seeing a deal between him and Morey but...i have to say that i also think that dump two 3 years deals (Johnson and Waiters or Olynyk) for a 2 year deal while getting back a 1st rounder and maybe other minor assets should still make some sense for Miami in my eyes.

Johnson is a good player, not great though, he's 31 and has still 3 years (15M per season) left on his contract, that's not exactly great value...Waiters and Olynyk are two meh to decent bench players with big flaws and both are overpaid for the next 3 years. Whiteside, Tyler and Dragic will all expire in two years, just like Ryan...that means in two years Riley would be able to shake off something like 65M in salaries, 85M if he would swap Johnson and Waiters or Olynyk for Anderson now...that seems at least interesting.

Deuce likes this.
  5. StevieCrossover

I want a ryno for 20mil

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That makes two of us.

kjayp likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Green could play in that series is he an amazing player? No, that dude is just a vet min guy. The standards for players who can play in that series is a lot lower than you think, the problem is Anderson can't even meet that standard which is what you expect from a "shooter" that averages 6 ppg in the playoffs.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I's take the slightly useless player we were just 1 hamstring away and lost a game 7 by only 9 pts. Lots of ifs but if we had a good player instead of Anderson maybe Cp3 would have gotten rest and not tore his hamstring.

Anderson has never played well in the playoffs thats why his average is 6 ppg quit deluding yourself he will somehow be good. If he is good at all how come in 7 tries his average is 6 ppg? That means he consistently sucked in the playoffs no matter which team he played for.

Hui likes this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s not deluding to say he can make a decent backup. That’s setting the bar reasonably low. It’s deluding to put a CP3 hamstring or the Warriors loss on Ryno.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he aint
    go'in nowhere
    he aint
    goin nowhere
    he can't be swapped now
    cuz it's cap destroy for life

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His wife thought she married a basketball star. Then this. Such a sad story all the way around. I wanted him to prove all the haters wrong too, but the total giving up was hard to bear.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

His contract appreciates in trade value every day from now on. We can be patient about this. Wait for the deadline, then he is almost an expiring contract.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Of course its on Ryno don't you understand how opportunity cost and how the cap works? We paid him to do a job and he is not doing it, the resources have gone to him which he is not putting to good thats why the loss is on him. He was -12 in a game the Rox lost by 9 if he was 0 we would have won that game, kapish?

What's your evidence to say Anderson can be a decent backup? There is NONE, like I said he has a 6 ppg average in the playoffs, that means he is garbage and not fit to be on the playoff roster. Your are the delusional one here Anderson's entire body of work is saying he is a total scrub in the playoffs and that is when he is in his prime. Now he is 30 yrs old and on the way down, he is a total scrub and even Miami doesn't want him.

Hui and ak99999 like this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

I mean D league doesn’t even want ryno

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don’t think they ever wanted Rhyno, just wanted to unload longer contracts

16. theimpossibles1

If we get a petition with 100,000 signatures, can we legally force Ryno to abandon his contract?

The ego on this guy.... everyone wants his contract gone but NOOOOO..... "i gotta have my 20 million dollars!"

kidding. but also not really

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

'not giving up much'? heck these fools think we're going to actually get something of value back! lol!

then of course, there's the group that think next year Ryno's expiring contract is going to turn into some salary matching silver bullet that's gonna net us a star or something... Too many guys think they're Morey and trying to be all slick about circumventing the cap...

I remember one poster actually said "I don't want to give up Ryno for nothing..." - yep, heaven forbid you give up a negative value contract for nothing... lol

Denial is more than just a river in Egypt...

J.R. and roslolian like this.
  18. kjayp

I don't blame him one bit... well not for making the Rox honor his contract at least...

ask Ty Lawson about letting Morey out of a guaranteed contract... lol

19. kjayp

Idk if 'not being as bad a negative' as time passes = appreciates in value...
    It's a negative contract and will always be a negative contract...

it cracks me up that people think after eating the luxury tax bill this year for Ryno that Tilman is gonna be all yippy skippy to keep paying huge luxury tax bills in the ensuing years by hoping to turn Ryno's expiring crappy contract into someone's else's longer crappy bloated contract...

If folks would look at this like a business - rather than a 'win at any cost' fan... most of the roster movements are pretty evident...

jus sayin...

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Be smart. If this were to happen, there's a third involved.

Miami can't decide if they want to compete or be dwellers. Guys on that roster want a shot.