1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Heading to China for the Yao Ming Foundation Basketball Tournament

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Svpernaut, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've heard that groping women on busses is completely acceptable there.

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

You're misinformed

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exiled likes this.
  4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

still don't follow. perhaps type out what you want to say?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why doesn't the Jeremy Lin Foundation have a tournament? Yao Ming is so much better as a human being.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in his homeland of silicon valley nobody plays sports

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, it is appreciated!

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

One more recommendation. I traveled with some non-Chinese friends this summer and used this site. I've largely had good experience dumping them on the following service when I needed to do stuff my self (spend time with extended family and etc.)

Your experience may vary, but the private day tours' prices are relatively ok (higher than non-english speaking tours though), and there's something good about passable english speaking guides that will pick up and drop off at your hotel

http://english.ctrip.com/ttd/#ctm_ref=nb_ttd_top

Svpernaut likes this.
  10. Exiled

Exiled Member

If you can sign your name next to this Rocket's legendary ,it will be awesome...

[​IMG]

Svpernaut likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Svpernaut

Been traveling for almost 27 hours now. On the high-speed train and about 60 minutes from the final destination!

Killatron 2000 and pippendagimp like this.
  13. Svpernaut

The team is lucky to have former Cornhusker and pro basketball player Shang Ping as our mentor/guide while here in China. Ping is now retired and works with Yao's foundation and an all around awesome guy. He helped us take the three subway trains and the high-speed train it took to get from the airport in Shanghai to our hotel in in the Jiangning District. He has also arranged for our team to scrimmage against a local high school team this afternoon.

I'll be updating pictures from the trip several times a day via Instagram for those interested. It seems with Google's Project Fi service I have no issues with that site, but I do with Facebook.

14. Svpernaut

Scrimmaged a very good Nianjang high school team today, and will be meeting with Yao tomorrow before he heads out for the FIBA World Championship.

Pic from check-in today -

#34 Svpernaut, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

16. Svpernaut

Yesterday we had an inner-squad team game on 8-foot goals for all of the kids to watch, which was a lot of fun. They had China's most famous CBA officials there to officiate the game. I have video of it that I will be posting when I am back in H-Town.

Today we took the bullet train back to Shanghai, and we were picked up by the Shanghai Sharks' bus - which was really cool. We have a game tonight against the Shanghai Sharks' Academy club team, which is being televised here in China. I'll be recording some of it and will also share the video once I upload it.

Pics and short videos of the past few days can be seen on my Instagram, I'm on the hotel Wifi so behind the great firewall and can't link directly to them at the moment.

Killatron 2000 likes this.