1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Convictedstupid, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Convictedstupid

Is anyone else watching this show right now? Last episode was insane.

2. JJ

JJ Member

Been watching since the beginning. A crazy story that I never knew about. The episode this past Sunday definitely set up a great finale. Looks like handwriting on envelope and note will be examined. Not sure how this guy is still walking the streets.

3. Convictedstupid

Dude was arrested in Houston this past December for peeing over candy at the CVS on Kirby.

This show is amazing though. ****'s about to happen.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I have been watching, it's been amazing. Knew about the story in passing but not the details, insane stuff.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Only 3 episodes in, but it's been very good so far. I'm a sucker for true crime.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's Serial for television except less filler. I cannot believe the production value on the show, definitely the best new product of HBO since True Detective aired.

They have done a great job adding to the Girls lineup as they bridge the gap until Game of Thrones and Veep return by adding The Jinx and Togetherness.

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Durst should be in prison. Only thing between him and 6 x 9 cell is a big ass stack of money.

[​IMG]

8. The Law

The Law Member

The investigation done by Cody Cazalas of the Galveston Police Department was really a thing of beauty in the Law Enforcement world. The DA's office ultimately cowarded to Durst, his money and the high end defense attorneys that he hired.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Will watch. Haven't started yet.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

Interview Neighbors and sort through his trash?

It was a homicide. What exactly was extraordinary about what he did?

11. The Law

The Law Member

It was a homicide but not your typical crime of passion. It was a premeditated act committed by a sociopath millionaire who, although reckless, used a methidology that you don't see everyday.

I have a personal connection to the area and the investigators. The HBO Doc just scratches the surface, he used forensic science that was far before its time, some interview tactics (the REID Interface) that was considered taboo at the time but is basically the norm now.

I guess I should have prefaced my original comment that I wasn't basing it off the show. He actually has a 5 day siminar that he gives to academies and new CID (Criminal Investigation) personel that is amazing.

12. TeachingLessons

This is the most engrossing piece of television I've seen since True Detective last year around this time.

Very intrigued by the final episode given the revelation in the previous installment but also I understand that there probably won't be a "gotcha" moment where Jarecki and Durst are face to face for a showdown. Especially given how the preview for the final episode played out.

Also this is an interesting companion video I found in a Grantland article posted yesterday that has a few nuggets of information not seen in The Jinx if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFLonTR3fE

Here is that article from Grantland yesterday:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/dirty-rotten-scoundrels-the-jinx-and-our-collective-fascination-with-sociopaths/

This is a different Grantland piece posted today about THE JINX, the Serial podcast, and the "slow crime" pop culture phenomenon that is worth a read as well.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/the-art-of-unease-the-jinx-serial-and-the-new-true-crime-boom/

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Any relation to Fred Durst?

Jontro likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This is way better than True Detective or Serial.

I agree the Galveston detective is a true professional and hero. It looked like the DA was totally unprepared for the self-defense argument.

15. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I've only seen the first two episodes, but love it so far.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Holy **** at this case. Just finished ep 4.

wtf @ this jury. Absolutely mind boggling

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just caught up. Absurdly good. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

18. Commodore

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K4Qp1TEKswQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Commodore

interview with Judge Jeanine Pirro (the NY DA who is in the series)

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/f...-an-hbo-documentary-finally-nail-bobby-durst-

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Watching now. Episode 2.