1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks Sign Flip Murray

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Aug 13, 2008.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53984/20080813/hawks_sign_flip_murray

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Now only thing left is to sign Josh Childress...oh, wait... :mad:

3. Tornadoofsoul6

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

seasons over hand the hawks the trophy now please

not sure how flip murray is still in the league i thought he was pretty old and have bounced around a bunch of teams after playing well in ray allen's place in seattle several years ago.

he actually would be a decent asset off the bench but the guy still plays like he is a #1 option

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like the way you describe him. He is 6'3", has been in the league for 6 years and is 29 years old.He plays like a SG but sometimes he passes pretty well.There are times when I have overestimated his talent by hoping to seeing more of him as a passing 1.

6. tmacyaokobe01

tmacyaokobe01 Rookie

Decent signing for the Hawks.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Perfect type of player for the Hawks. One of those inefficient, ball suffocating guards that lack a position, play no defense and put up decent numbers on bad teams.

Hopefully the Hawks no longer fit that "bad" label but Flip does little to improve them. Bibby is a trade candidate but for now is still their starter while they groom Law. Evans backs up Marvin Williams at the three. I guess that means Flip is backing up Joe Johnson, a guy that plays 40 MPG?

Oh well, for those that watched the Hawks maybe Flip can fill T-Lue's old role? T-Lue was a very valuable bench player for his shooting, surprisingly solid overall game and intangibles. He was the kind of player that wasn't afraid to take big shots. The Hawks kind of need a guy like that.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2008/08/12/around_the_rim.html

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My die-hard-Hawks-fan buddy always complains about that deal. Another deal he complains about that I never heard anything of was apparently last year the Hawks & Warriors were discussing a possible 1st rounder for Monta Ellis swap.

I'm assuming the Warriors turned that down and the Hawks ended up taking Acie Law. The jury is still out there on that one but I highly doubt Law will ever reach Ellis' level.