1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever been sucker punched or mugged?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Aug 14, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I guess he took exception to your raving review of the cheetoh sandwich. He did not like it.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When you grow up in the suburbs all these stories must seem like they happen to minorities huh? LMAO.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I got surround by a group of guys while I was skating through a neighborhood that was ironically better than my neighborhood. The closest guy punched me in the chest and I was surprised. I picked up my board and the other guys started to gather closer around me. I knew what was coming, so I high-tailed it out of there quick.

Another time I was walking through an apartment complex with a couple friend and this gang of about 20 comes running through and throwing punches. It was about 4-5 of them for every 1 of us. We just got out of there as quick as possible.

I was robbed at gunpoint while delivering pizzas in college. Some guy called in an order to an empty condo. When I got to the door he came around the corner of the building with a gun. Police never caught the guy but at least I didn't have to have surgery like a buddy of mine who had the exact same situation (there was a rash of pizza delivery robberies at that time in Huntsville). He got beat by a group a guys with a baseball bat and a belt. He possibly barely escaped with his life.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

connor is a piece of ****.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

This wouul've been 1989 so... yeah.

Good effort.

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got sucker punched by a couple of 34DD's. Best day of my life......

7. Nook

Nook Member

Sorry about that.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes I have been sucker punched a number of times when I was younger.

The "oh ****" moment that really stands out involved Korean mobsters.

My best friend at the time had a father than was involved in human trafficking and made all his money from organized crime.

My friend seldom saw his dad. However, my friend also had a liking for whorehouses in Houston that his father took profits from.

One night my friend said he wanted to stop by what was called "dong yong (?)" briefly. I went inside with him. The wall was lined by sofa's and after we sat down, a group of women (90% Asian) came out and sat on our laps. My friend grabbed two and went off to a back room.

Iv'e never been big on Asian girls or STD's so I just stayed on the sofa and talked to the lady in charge of the girls and what I thought was a security guard.

I looked closely at his uniform and it was an HPD uniformed officer in there at like 2 am. He started talking about "the trade" and he was drinking a beer. His "system" would go off for calls and come back..... as what was supposed to be a quick stop turned into hours.

Other men came in and were serviced and left..... the officer came back and I really wasn't that interested in speaking to him as by this point I was more than ready to go.... the officer didn't like my aloofness and out of the blue pulled out his gun while sitting down and asked if I wanted to hold it. I just said "nope" and for whatever reason he got angry and pointed it against the side of my head for what felt like an hour but was probably 5 seconds and laughed and said put it away and left. I didn't respond at all, I acted like it didn't happen and just sat there in this poorly lit whorehouse that my best friend's father had part "ownership" in......... and I remember thinking that the policeman could have killed me and gotten away with it....... my family would wonder why I was in a whorehouse......... and asked myself why I was associated with someone that paid their bills through human trafficking and drugs.

I cannot say that I immediately changed, but over the next year I broke off contact and changed how I view the world.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Did you drive to Cardi's after that show to see Armored Saint and Metallica?

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Wow...I didn't even know about that show! Believe it or not...I didn't follow Metallica until 1986 when Master of Puppets came out. I remember first listening to them driving around Clear Lake City in a custom van with a bunch of friends when it came out. I don't recall discovering them before that. I saw them in 1986 @ The Summit on their Damage, Inc. tour in support of that album opening for Ozzy's Ultimate Sin tour. Then, I saw them again @ Rice Stadium per Monsters of Rock in 1988. I saw them once or twice after that but I hurt my neck headbanging the last show I saw them and haven't been back. lol

I went to a ton of concerts in the 80s (especially) through to Rush's last tour and that Iron Maiden show is the only one where someone tried to mug me.

#50 Surfguy, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Nah, I'm not a big enough dick for someone to hit me for no reason, and I don't look like an easy victim. I have been pickpocketed in Italy before though.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have been punched at in a pickup game by a turd who got mad that I was playing patrick beverly style defense... he missed and his friends took him home and apologized cause he was some coach who got fired that week and wasn't right or some ****. He was a really good shooter... but got mad cause I got in his comfort zone and threw him off his game. He was twice my size too so I am glad he missed and his friends were cool.

13. AWIN

AWIN Member

If you went clubbing in the 90s and did the usual rotation of Roxy on Tues, Crystal on Wed, Artuzzis/Revere on Thurs and then Spy on Sat it's not have you ever it's how many times have you been sucker punched or shot at lol. Dang wanna be Asian gangbangers back in the day, good times though. Just missed the old Richmond and 6400 experience by a coupe of years, wish I was old enough for that scene!

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

You missed it by several years. 6400 initial heyday was in the 80's. You didn't go there in the 90's. The clubs in the early 90's were Detour, Network, Crush bar, etc.

AWIN and dachuda86 like this.
  15. AWIN

AWIN Member

Yeah used the word couple sparingly, just remember listening to the radio broadcast on 93Q? then buying the music from Record Rack later on when vinyl was still a thing.

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I've never been sucker punched or mugged, largely because there are far easier marks out there. I also take precautions to avoid trouble.
    • I don't withdraw cash from ATMs in high risk settings. (how stupid!)
    • I don't look at maps or talk on the phone in high risk settings
    • I actively avoid people who look like they could be trouble (almost always poor teenagers/20-somethings)
    • I go out of my way to avoid bad areas of town (high crime areas). I definitely don't drive my luxury SUV in those parts.
    • If I must go to a high risk area, I carry a throw wallet that has $4 of folded cash in it and other people's business cards (people who I dislike). I include the $4 because they'll spend time unfolding it to count it while I depart in the other direction.
    • Oh, and I have a concealed carry license, so good luck to would-be muggers. Muggers will be shot; survivors will be shot again.
    GOOD DAY

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

in college my buddy had a crush on a girl, so I helped him out by asking her and her friend out . She said yea.. lets meet at Senior frog nightclub tomorrow night. Went there and soon we entered the night cub things were a bit weird like all the Dudes at gold gym decided to wear skirts ,high heals and energetically dance like nuts , we sat at a table waiting for the girls to show up... that when a big guy asked me if I would join him ! I pointed at my buddy " I'm with him" then started laughing hysterically ....could't stop 'til the bouncer punched my stomach and got pounced out side the club before I could catch my breath again

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep, right in the biz. And still married after 15 years.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

So basically you would have got knocked the **** out, don’t underestimate yourself you probably have a tougher chin than Da.