1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

have some faith...remember '81 & '86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, May 9, 2009.

1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I know I'm older than most of the posters on this BBS, but those Laker teams had Magic Johnson and Kareem and Worthy. They were, (in my opinion), better than todays Lakers and the Rockets beat them. The Lakers had way better records than the Rockets and home court too. I'm not sure that todays Rockets teams aren't better than those Rocket teams too. Now I'm not saying that we're going to win the series against Kobe and the LA Rapers, but I'm not giving up hope. How many posters gave up hope when the Rox went down 3 games to 1 against the Suns in '95? I know I did. I said to my friend "well they can't take last year away from me, (meaning our '94 title)" that was the last time I gave up on this team. Just keep hope alive...it takes 4 wins to advance!

1 person likes this.
  2. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

is hakeem playing tomorrow? seriously dude who cares about 20 something years ago

3. seanluu

seanluu Member

only the true fans still believe...i believe...

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Queue Tinman....

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... says the guy with "Rafer" in his name.

6. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

we are only down 2-1!!!!!!!! :mad:
    i'm so tired of bandwagon fans jumping off because of one loss

7. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

All I'm saying is those Rox teams could beat those Hall of Fame Laker teams, then anything can happen. By the way Akeem was on the '86 team...Moses was on the '81 team

8. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Been on Clutchfans for over 7 years and after years of agonising disappointment and many an uneventful May month, I finally have something to cheer about in May.

I am not going to give up this new found intensity and strong emotion I feel so cheaply. I believe in our guys' fighting spirit. I enjoy every minute of this intense battle and my faith is with our team to fight every inch and every second. We are in more than a chance and I believe the best is yet to come.

The past could be hard to repeat but I fully expect to see a new Clutch city and I shall be one of 'em, proud '09ers.

9. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Call me crazy or simply setting low expectations, but if you told me we'd be down 1-2 after 3 games before the series, I'd be a little relieved. I think they'll come back strong and play a gritty game in game 4. If they win, then it's a new series and we will have surpassed the country's expectations. Plus then you know it's coming back to Houston for a game 6. Win that, and you're set up with an exciting game 7, where legends are made.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Way to get behind your team, RICHARD.