1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HATS OFF TO MOBLEY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Nov 27, 1999.

1. alaskansnowman

damn mobley played real well tonite! So well, that Rasheed Wallace gave him a hug and a little pep talk after the game. Mobley and Francis were both on the floor crying after the game. They have nothing to cry about. They almost beat the BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. And they did this while Steve Francis,a major component of our offense, was having a bad game. So I see a lot of positives today.

One of the few negatives that i saw today was that shandon, while doing excellent on defense, didn't get too involved on offense. i'm worried that he might get frustrated and end up like pippen.

and the second thing that i'm worried about is that it seemed as if most of our plays during crunch time were broken plays. barkley threw it away one time; one time bark was forced into a tough fadeway(which he almost made!! wow, if that had gone in...), and also i remember we posted francis and got nothing out of it, so mobley ended up takin a tough 3 pointer while he was being guarded that he missed. i cant remember the other plays, but i dont think we got too many high % shots off(except for a few)

So anyway, good game mobley. good game rockets. if a few throws fell in, if bull's 3 ptrs rimmed in, if bark's fadeway rimmed in, who knows?

I JUST HOPE THAT WE CAN STAY CONSISTENT LIKE TODAY'S GAME THROUGHOUT OUR NEXT COUPLE OF GAMES SO WE CAN GET A GOOD WINNIN STREAK GOING.

2. popeye

popeye Member

Actually Husky Frost Merchant:

I saw a steady improvement for the last four games, with lessons learned being very valuable. I am almost to the point that I am happy they are struggling like they are ... the learning curve goes way up, and it shows their true mettle.

Case in point: if they had played this type of game against the Pacers, they would have beat them.

If we continue to improve we will catch up to .500 by Christmas. Once this team learns just how much better they are as a team then we will learn how to win ... and win consistently.

That being said. I am with you. I also wish they had one.They played well enough to beat them. They scared the Blazers,IMHO.

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited November 26, 1999).]

3. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

bakedalaskan -- you're right Mobes was one of many bright spots tonight. He seemed to take Pippen off the dribble at will. He had little trouble getting to the basket. These guys are playing a lot better as a team as of late. Our current record shouldn't be an indicator of how we should finish the season.

4. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I just am so excited about our play in this game that I have absolutely no criticisms.

I saw heart tonight, desire and thanks for making this post on Cuttino Mobley cus I thought he played like a superstar tonight. He will only keep improving as Stevie will. Makes it difficult with Shandon too but what a nice problem to have. Can Shandon play the 3, would he like it, cus he definitely is a starter too. Imagine us having this problem.

Yes, Bull and Chuck both had shots that sort of went in and came out. They were so close you cannot complain about that. I think it was a sort of Dream Shake that Chuck did. lol. He almost got it. I was going crazy, so excited. Nice feeling to have back.

Cuttino and the whole team played with control and poise. Let's hold onto whatever got us going. Actually, Cuttino's fire in the gut (and shooting accuracy) is what got us going. Then Bull came in and showed guts. Man, I am proud. KEEP IT GOING, GUYS!