1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hat's off to LeBron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by supdudes, Jun 21, 2013.

1. supdudes

supdudes Member

First off, let me say that Kobe Bryant is still by far my favourite player.

Last night I saw something that I never thought would happen. In the biggest stage, in the biggest moment, LeBron actually GREW to meet the pressure. Jump shots were never his forte, imo, and him hitting one after another in the tight moments of the game just spoke TONNES of confidence.

Let me be the first to point out that he's overall series was not legendary by any means. However his FMVP speech really touched me, and I realized that over these years, despite the criticisms, it's always been a slow burn for him. Whereas before I thought of him as more Tmac-like, I now see him more as Kobe-like in his dedication to his craft. It made me see appreciate the struggle it took for him to finally be THE MAN. Because let's face it, some heroes are born to dominate, and some are self-made. Looking at LeBron's progression through the years, I'm amazed how far this man has come.

Listening to the new LeBron, I heard a grounded, calm, and secure man. I think to some degree, for all of us, that's where we'd like to get to in our own lives- To be 100% secure, or at least have the balls to act as if we are. Kobe's always been one of my idols when it came to that. Same with Bruce Lee. But not everyone is born with iron-clad confidence, and for many normal people it's a constant struggle. LeBron's performance yesterday is an inspiration for me to keep searching and developing a natural alpha-ness in my own life, and for that I thank him.

Here's to you King! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Lebron's been a better jump shooter than Kobe for the last three seasons:

eFG% on jumpers the last three years ('10 to '13)

James - .473 .479 .526 (holy ****)
    Bryant - .463 .436 .457

Kobe has never shot better than .463

Lebron has been an elite jump shooter for three years now.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

People are still gonna hate.

Yet he's simply the best.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

He was one of the best if not the best mid range jump shooter in the NBA this season. He was over 40% from the field and and from 3 this season. If you watched the NBA at all you would not be surprised to see him knocking down jumpers the way he did last night.

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

Oh wow. Then that's even more impressive.

Point taken. All I'm saying is that his performance transcended the stats, and that's the first time I myself have seen that from him.

Hat's off anyway. I wasn't a hater, in fact far from it. If you think I'm like Italy in WW2 then that's your opinion.

I just told you mine.

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

You don't sound like a hater to me. LeBron deserves all the props... good thread

7. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130620/daily-dime

8. jvu

jvu Member

I hate his him for his character but respect his talent. I'm sure others would agree with my statement

9. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Young LeBron had character issues, but I wouldn't say he has character issues now. He's a great father, husband, and role model and as NBA fans like Magic said, we are lucky to have him as the face of the NBA.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

What about his character do you hate?

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That wasn't directed to you directly btw, just to everyone else that will have something negative to say.

James Harden is still my favorite player. Nothing will change that, I just appreciate greatness and understand when someone takes their game to a level above elite. That's exactly what James is doing now.

Still predicting a 7 game series win against the Heat in the Finals against the Heat for our Rockets next season. We'll be there, no doubt.

1 person likes this.
  12. SK34

SK34 Member

And don't say he is too "cocky"

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hair's off of LeBron

No but seriously he's good. Good hustle, good effort.

14. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

LeBron went for 37 and 12 and completely took Tony Parker out of the game. Yes, hats of LeBron, hats off that was AMAZING.

15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Runs away to Miami.

Catty and b****y when dealing with criticism, like a 16 year old girl.

"I'm from the inner city,I shouldn't be here." Lol, ok. 6'8 with the perfect basketball body, or gridiron body, and a top prospect since middle school. He's exactly the kind of guy who should be here. You can't sell drugs and hide from the police when you're 6'8, 250. Likes to play the victim and finds ways to make himself one.

Hairline insecurity (as pointed out by Clutchfans, I wasn't aware).

Still a dandy player.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At least he's not a douchebag wannabe like you.
    He actually has talent, his life is worth more than a thousand of your lives combined.
    You are just a speck of irrelevant dust sitting on his windshield waiting to be wiped away.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I have a sneaking suspicion that a little of that is attributable to Dream. Everyone thinks stars come to Dream to learn post moves, but I think for guys like LBJ, it is a means to get to the real lessons about pressure and winning and balance in life... those things Dream seems remarkably well-suited to talk about based on his life experiences and accomplishments.

18. Mr. Space City

damn...

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't like the guy.

Not only is he a once in a generation talent, but he also had the incredible fortune to be drafted by his hometown team. Think about the countless times you've fantasized about being the franchise player of your hometown team. All of the times you fantasized about bringing home championships.

LeBron is one of the very few players in history who had/could have had that. And he walked away. I know. I know. "BUT HIS TEAM WAS AWFUL!"

But what everybody seems to have forgotten is that LeBron had so much pull in that organization that most of those free agent signings/trades were done either with his approval or at his request. He has nobody to blame for how awful his supporting cast was but himself. He destroyed that franchise and then he ran away to Miami to win championships with Wade and Bosh.

I won't even get into the decision or his "tomorrow" quote.

I strongly dislike LeBron James. That said, I think he may be the greatest player to ever play the game.