1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hasheem Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duran2u, Dec 27, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The small ball lineup definitely looks like a mistake, but I think the reason for it was because they wanted more offensive punch on the floor as they were trailing with only a few minutes left. My guess is that if Hasheem was active with fouls to spare, he still wouldn't have seen the court in crunch time.

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Scola guarding Dwight didn't affect the W or L. Hedo being Hedo affected the game. Dwight wasn't much of a factor with Scola on him (SURPRISE).

3. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Thabeet is trash. He was probably chilling at one of those Orlando malls during the game.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But neither Scola nor Hill is going to guard Turkey Glue, and that is whom was on him late......McHale's rotations were horrible....

DD

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought Terrence Williams was guarding Hedo at the end, but I could be mistaken.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeff Adrien is not going to be Hayes-like any time soon. We need Thabeet out there for his size and athleticism alone. Even if only for 10 minutes.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't know why this is an issue.

The team is in tank mode, like everyone wanted. If Thabeet is put in, we'd be a 50+ win team, and possibly get a top 3 playoff spot. Not good for ping pong balls.

1 person likes this.
  8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Idiotic? How so? It made no difference to use up Adrien's fouls or Thabeet's on Howard as the result would have been the same: Howard would have owned them. It's way past time for you to give up the ghost on Thabeet. He just isn't a player that can help you contend.

1 person likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Adrien did not guard Howard, the guy is 6'5" tall.....if they had him on Howard they are even more stupid than I thought.

As for contending, I totally agree, neither is Dalembert, or...etc..etc..etc...

DD

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Why does a guy with 6% body fat have a "conditioning issue"? LOLOLOLOL....ROFLOL.

Get real, folks. He supposedly spent all summer here in Houston working out, practicing, getting better. "Conditioning issue" my left pinkie. Dude can't play. He's nothing more than an expiring contract that we can use in a trade if we decide to.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet money that Thabeet would sign a $10 million/5 year contract extension right now if it was offered to him without even thinking about it. He'll be lucky to make that over the next 5 years. Dude can't play, man. It's over.

1 person likes this.
  11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Adrien was on Dwight when he was in, for the most part.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

One of my biggest beefs with the rockets rosters is the lack of versitility. For the most part, none of their players can play multiple positions. The only guys who can play multiple positions are williams,hill, and maybe in the future morris. Everyone else is slotted to 1 position. So that's why we never have answer for hybrd type playes.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

One of the bigger bust in recent history is Kwame Brown...in his third year he averaged 11-7. Does ANYONE see Thabeet averaging 11-7 this season?

14. DaDakota

Oh, man I am tempted to go back and break down the game for the morons around here who think some of our guys played bad D etc...

If Adrien was on Howard, as you say, that is beyond stupid.

DD

15. DaDakota

Not from the inactive list.

DD

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He'll never have that in his career. Thabeet is absolutely clueless on the court. Doesn't understand basic fundamentals of team basketball like assignments, switches, etc. He's in way over his head in the NBA - needs to be playing overseas.

1 person likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

What Baqui said. Does ANYONE see Thabeet averaging 11-7 EVER?

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He was on Dwight and it was stupid. I think he lasted 2 plays and picked up 2 fouls.

19. DaDakota

He will never learn if he is not playing and allowed to learn the game on the court.....

Someone will get through to him and teach him the basics and will get a decent shot blocking big out of him.....

DD

20. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Thabeet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adrien