1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Has this guy become the dirtiest player in the league?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Blue Beluga, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Suns' Bell suspended 1 game for kicking Bargnani

January 5, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Phoenix Suns guard Raja Bell was suspended one game without pay for kicking Andrea Bargnani of the Toronto Raptors, the league announced Friday.

The incident occurred in the third quarter of a game in Toronto on Wednesday.

Bell, in his second year with Phoenix and his seventh in the NBA, is averaging a career-high 15.2 points. He's fifth in the league with 2.7 3-pointers per game.

Bell will serve the suspension Friday night when the Suns host the Miami Heat.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

As long as that dirty Bruce SOB Bowen is in the league, nobody else can claim that title.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

def, I like his intensity, but things like this piss me off

he has been doing dirty stuff since he came into the league

last game we played Phoenix, he was getting into Mac's face, McGrady played some great D on Bell and on one play he really got him

Bell tried to give a hand check to McGrady, McGrady ignored him for about 5-10 seconds....TMac knows what a dirty player Bell is

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He's getting up there...

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

yeah i still dislike bowen by a significant margin. i don't recall bell ever trying to get his legs under an opposing player..

6. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Dirty ? Nothing matches this prick

[​IMG]

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Any video clip how he did it to Bargnani?

8. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Bell is def. dirtier than Bowen. He's so blatent that I'm afraid he'll injure one of our players everytime we play the Suns. Just think back to when Bell close lined Kobe. Imagined if he did that to Tmac, Wade, or Anthony. Bowen is very dirty, but he's from an older era when people were more physical. Bell is just a scumbag.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I am a big fan of his, one of my favorite role players in the league. Would take him on the Rox any day! (same applies to Barbosa)

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

bell looks like a prick, have never ever liked him.

11. FrontRowJoe

FrontRowJoe Member

Bell is #2 as long as this guy is still in the league:

[​IMG]

12. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Me too...

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Raja is pathetic, but still not up to the level of Bruce Bowen.

14. Laozi

Laozi Member

Bell is sorta dirty, I think he gets caught up in the moment and loses control, but what Bowen does actually puts careers at risk. Remember Bell clotheslined Kobe after Kobe hit him full on in the face with an elbow, he had to know something was coming, but you never know when Bowen is going to slide his foot under you.

15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

bell usually plays hard defense, but gets pissed off over time n then reacts badly in anger.

bowen on the other hand pulls dirty tricks to hurt players n then pretends like he doesnt know why theyre angry when they do.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

You guys aren't coming down on the guy hard enough. Did you see this kick??

(I assume this is the clip I saw and not someone else's clip)

The guy fell down behind Bargnani (imagine Bell facing Bargnani's back and falling backwards). His leg flew up and kicked him in the thigh and I thought that was bad cause he probably could have held himself back from the contact.

But THEN his leg comes down, and it goes up with a definitive kick into the groin as Bargnani is still standing. ridiculous

(someone tell me if this wasn't the bell/bargnani clip, but i haven't heard about any other kickings recently)

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He's not a dirty player, he's an angry player. Bowen is dirty, Raja just retaliates for other players being dirty/pissing him off.

Big difference...

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They usually never see the guy who throws the elbow first,but when you retaliate they always catch you. Thats one thing undercutting a guy taking a jumper is a whole different animal.That ladies and gentleman is just another day at the office for Bowen,so I don't think its even close Bowen is just a cheap shot artist.

19. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Raja Bell plays good D and, like Bowen, you can only really like him if he's not playing your team that night or if he's on your team.

I think he doesn't play dirty straight up but he could hold his emotions in check, slightly.

How could you not like the guy, though? He threw Kobe to the floor on national TV in the playoffs. :D

20. AXG

AXG Member

I think Danny Fortson's a dirty player. I think he averaged about 5 fouls a game two years ago and he made it a habit of flagrantly fouling other people. Bruce Bowen is a devious player also. He just does all these dirty little tricks to get his opponents out of the game.