1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Superman been cast?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

AT LONG LAST....THE SECRET REVEALED!
    After rumor upon rumor posted online about Warner Bros.’ reintroduction of the next “Superman” movie franchise, and just who will be playing the part of the Man of Steel himself, LatinoReview can now put to rest the biggest rumor of all… Just who is “Superman”?

Director Bryan Singer had recently mentioned to AICN that he is committed to casting an unknown. Thanks to our same source 'Anonymous,' who has given us the ‘firsts’ on castings on Fantastic Four, and Batman Begins, we now have info on Superman.

The man who Singer has picked to play Clark Kent/Superman is none other than a relatively unknown actor by the name of Brandon Routh (Seen here in the photo to the right dressed in his own Superman outfit on Halloween last year).

Brandon's name has appeared on the web as being a possible contender a few month’s ago, but most recently appeared on this Iowa based TV website. Click HERE for that.

According to stats posted at IMDB, Brandon ‘B.J.’ Routh stands at 6’ 2” and just days ago celebrated his 25th Birthday on October 9th. Sadly, this is the same day that “our” Superman Christopher Reeve had fell into a coma and later had died. And Routh was born in Iowa, which is the same state that George Reeves was born, one of the original silver screen Superman stars.

Routh had some bit parts in television roles on “One Life to Live,” “Gilmore Girls,” “Will & Grace,” and “Cold Case,” and recently wrapped his first film role in an indie titled “Deadly,” starring alongside Laura Prepon, Misha Collins, and Tess Harper. The actor’s next role will have him undoubtedly put to the test as he has some very big red boots to fill.

And as for Bryan Singer, come June 2006, he will have to make all Superman Fans believe that this kid from Iowa can fly. But if you can recall back when Singer was just starting the now hugely successful “X-Men” movie franchise, he had bet the farm on a then relatively unknown Aussie named Hugh.

Official announcement is forthcoming but you can take this scoop to the bank, Brandon James Routh is Superman!!!

And don’t even bother e-mailing me for any more possible castings or storyline revelations. I don’t want my ass thrown into the Phantom Zone.

click to see a pic

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I actually thought they had already made that Smalliville (Tom Welling?) guy the next Superman.... it made sense since the WB would control both franchises, and could work the tv series into the movie... but I also understand that it is pretty dangerous to base a big blockbuster movie with most of the same characters from a tv show.

I guess we'll see if this is true... I'm still kinda pissed that Singer won't be doing the next X-men movie. I really liked that franchise, and I hope it doesn't become the next "batman" with the departure of him, like it happened with Burton left the batman franchise.

Of course, a successful Superman franchise is worth 3x as much as a successful X-men franchise.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

The Superman franchise needs Singer much more than the X-men franchise at this point. I think X-Men 3 is going to be pretty good no matter who they get to direct just because the formulas there already. I wouldn't trust just anyone to do a good Superman movie, but at least with Singer you know what you're getting.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I would hope your right....but formula or no, when a different director comes in you can have a pretty dramatic change in a film.

I'm hoping the 3rd XMen doesn't suffer. But changing directors is a big deal. :(

But I will admit I'm happy Singer is on Superman.

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I imagine it's a no-brainer who the movie will be dedicated to.

6. Summer Song Giver

Ken Caminitti?

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Rodney Dangerfield, of course.

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Max Faget?

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The answer is obviously Richard Pryor.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

that would be a no-brainer.

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Spacey would make a kick-ass Luthor, he plays smug arrogance well. The bald thing I'm not sure about, though.

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

don't get me wrong, I loved Spacey in LA Confidential and American Beauty ......i just don't see him pulling off this role ........

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I think he'd be fine.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Spacey would be awesome... he's been rumored to be Lex Luthor since back when Nicolas Cage was gonna be Superman (how the hell would that have ever worked out, btw).

He's just like Gene Hackman or Nicholson, from the standpoint that he can play a villian which you don't actually hate, but like... in fact, he could (should) steal the movie.

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Spacey would be the shizzle. I thought there was a thread saying he wasnt doing movies anymore??

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He played a good Dr. Evil. :)

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Oh man, thanks for reminding me. At the top of this thread, when I first read about Spacey as LL, I could have sworn he'd played bald before. This was for one of those MTV Movie Award sketches, right?

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Heh, I missed that. Wish I'd seen it, must've been hilarious.