1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Jeff Van Gundy voiced his opinion on Blake fouling dantoni?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jan 18, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am not aware of him doing it?
    pls share any information you have

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

For all the giggling and heehawing that the Rockets-Clippers squabble prompted on TNT's "Inside the NBA" this week, Jeff Van Gundy takes the matter more seriously.

Before the NBA suspended Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green two games, Van Gundy said he expected suspensions to be levied by the NBA in the wake of the Rockets' incursion into the Clippers' locker room after their contentious game Monday night in Los Angeles.

"Every player, every coach, knows there re certain lines you can't cross," Van Gundy said. "Not to be ultra-criticial of the people who did, because mistake happens, but there have to be ramifications. You can't have that.

"I know the back hallway (separating locker rooms at the Staples Center) that they're talking about. It's easy access, but going there is a line you can't cross."

Van Gundy noted that someone would have to cross several layers of security to travel between locker rooms at Toyota Center, as an example. He said he expects security officials at Staples Center to secure the hallway that Chris Paul and others to reach the Clippers' locker room Monday night to prevent the possibility of future confrontations.

While the Rockets have struggled of late because of injuries to James Harden, Nene and Luc Mbah a Moute, Van Gundy still expects to see them in the Western Conference finals, presuming they return to full strength.

"When they're whole, they're the second-best team in the league, and they have a puncher's chance against Golden State," he said. "The Rockets are a great team. The problem is that they're going up against an all-time team, and they have to get through them to get to the championship.

"Whether they can do it depends on health and how the 3-point shot is falling."

With Jon Gruden's departure for the Raiders, former Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy may be at the top of the list for future coaching candidates among ESPN's talent roster or coaches-in-waiting.

Van Gundy isn't likely to be retiring his headset any time soon, certainly not before getting a rare home game telecast alongside Mike Breen and Mark Jackson as ABC relaunches its Saturday night prime-time game with Warriors-Rockets.

But he hopes Gruden has set the pay scale for those to follow.

"If anybody wants to offer me $100 million to coach, you can publish my phone number and have them call me," Van Gundy said.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...-s-Jeff-Van-Gundy-gets-rare-home-12505753.php

Easy, cbs1507, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

He'll be on tomorrow sometime btw 11-1 with CP on 94.1, I am sure Chaz will ask him about it...

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Welcome back Jeffrey

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

van gundy is dead to me

jevjnd and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

JVG is my all time favorite Rocket.

Is that weird?

heypartner, Lawlruschang and hakeem94 like this.
  8. cebu

cebu Member

"This is the last season for BG". -Jeff.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What does Ja Rule think ?

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've been waiting for Chuck Hayes to share his opinion

11. macan

macan Member

I wish JVG retire as a rockets!

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

A Houstonian will have to suffice.

Those of y’all still nostalgizing about the JVG era are probably not old enough to remember the Hakeem era. I was ten during the first championship so Drexler is my favorite Rocket of all time. I suggest the younger among you make this Harden era your own. It’s certainly miles better than anything that happened in the 2000’s. Yuck.

13. alethios

alethios Member

Only Drexler wasn't part of the team for the 1st championship, but it was good to have him for the 2nd. For me, my son was born around the same time as the first championship.