1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone switched from Southwestern Bell?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TraJ, Sep 5, 2000.

1. TraJ

TraJ Member

I'm just curious to see how people who have done it have liked it. What company? Good service? Cost comparison (if you know)?

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Err... for what? Cellular service? DSL service? Phone service? [​IMG]

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Well, my wife and I "tried" to switch from SWB to AT&T, but it didn't quite happen.

We were moving and heard about AT&T having lower rates and one bill for local and long distance calls. We would've saved about $7/month on our local service if we could've switched, and the long distance was supposed to be 7 cents/min.

The people at AT&T are the nicest people you'd ever want to talk to.... I guess that's because most of them are new. BUT and here's the catch, NONE of them, I mean NO ONE at that company can do their job.

We put in our order about three to three and a half WEEKS before we moved. Well, about a week before we called, you know, "just to make sure". Somehow our order had "gotten lost". Hmmm, LOST? Well, so we put in another order, and another, and another...

To make a long long long story short we talked to about 30 people at AT&T and we never did get them to hook our phone up.

We eventually had to get SWB to hook it up and we went two weeks without our own phone. Thankfully, some dork left their phone on in the apartment we moved into, so we did have a line, just not our own. No, we didn't call our long lost cousins in Algeria, we only used it for local calls and our internet hook up, which is a flat rate.

The catch with SWB is that they are the biggest assholes you'll ever have to deal with. Complacency is one thing, but rudeness is another. But hey, thank goodness for dorks, right?

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

4. TraJ

TraJ Member

Plain old phone service Doc.

The reason I ask is because they get competition, and the first thing SWB does is raise the price of several services. I just want to be able to say, "Not this time. You guys are going to have to learn how to play well with others."

------------------

[This message has been edited by TraJ (edited September 05, 2000).]

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I decided (along with my partners) to use Birch Telecom at the office. The problem is that apparently that still requires some technical work by Southwestern Bell. They were very slow to provide that service, needless to say! So far we've been happy with Birch...cheaper rates and we've had no disappointments in the quality of service. It's my understanding that Birch doesn't provide residential service as of yet..but I may be wrong on that.

------------------