1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone seen Steve Francis' commercial?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheReasonSF3, Dec 12, 2001.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Has anyone seen Wink's commercial were he talks about hero's, like firemen, cops, and stuff like that. Does anyone know where you can find a video clip of it or something. It is a really nice commercial. I am very proud of Wink, Carter, TMac, Duncan, Davis, and Ray Allen for doing those commercials.

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

As a public figure, I think it's their (the pro sports player) responsibilty to do public service announcements and at least project a positive image, you know... for the kids. (Hudsucker Proxy reference)

I remember someone in chat during a game saying how Stevie was "over acting" I think he does a great job.

as far as a clip of it... i forget exactly who sponsored that commercial, but if there's a website for the sponsor, they may have a copy of the commercial.

rH

#2 rockHEAD, Dec 12, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2001
  3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

The NBA sponsored it I think.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I said his acting sucked. Especially when he says "coooooome with me"... good idea, bad acting.

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I like it -- I think he does a nice job with it.

I hope we see more commercials with Francis . . .

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

A for effort though. Steve isn't exactly Dean Martin, but that's no crime.

Did they have these types of commercials for WWII?

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I think they would have to have "TV" first!:p

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Aren't they mainly local commercials? I know McDyess is doing one that airs here in Colorado.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Jeez, he's not an actor, he's a basketball player. Of course his acting sucked. That's a given in all NBA commercials (except the Reggie Miller Reading Is Fundamental ad -- that one's awesome).

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Not the one your looking for, but funny.

Spence Kramer, ESPN's Director of Advertising and Program Marketing, warns that running a new campaign on television isn't as easy as it seems. "In fact, the spot featuring basketball player Steve Francis never aired on any of our networks (this website is the only place you can see it). Right after completing the spot, Francis was traded from the Vancouver Grizzlies to the Houston Rockets. But, as you'll see in his spot, Francis mentions how much he's looking forward to playing in Vancouver."

[​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/tvlistings/whichsportscenter.html

#10 BobFinn*, Dec 12, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2001