1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone heard any news about Donyell Marshall?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ToothYanker, Jul 2, 2005.

1. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

CD has apparently been contacting a lot of people but I haven't heard Marshall's name mentioned recently. Are there any gripes against him wearing the Rockets uni and if so, what are they?

2. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Mentioned somewhat in this thread...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=98434

This is what the article said...

3. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

My only gripe agaist Marshall is that he is getting up there in age. He also hangs around the 3 point line a little bit too much for my liking. My ranking of the PFs in this free agency are SAR, Swift, Walker, Marshall. the first 3 could all lift the rockets to title contenders. Iam not sure that Marshall can do the same.

4. fred futureStar

According to Mitch Lawrence of the NY Daily News D. Marshall is going to the highest bidder.....period. Does that make him a Rocket? If lead turns to gold and the ice caps melt by fall, then yes. Otherwise, NOT.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

No one is going to offer that guy more than the MLE, just like the Rockets have.

Because of his age he is my 4th choice among FA PFs at best though.

6. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I think Marshall would be a great fit, but we shouldn't be paying role players more than the MLE unless it's for three years or less. If Marshall can get a contract greater than the MLE, then good for him.

I'd be okay offering him a four-year MLE deal even though it would be costly at the end. I can't imagine anyone giving him a four-year deal for more than that.

7. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

With the over 36 rule it is to his advantage to get a 4 years MLE. 80% chance a full, 4 year MLE, is what he gets. I'd say a 10% chance someone can land him for only 3 years and maybe 10% chance he gets more than the MLE.