1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has anyone ever been on a "VIP" Seating/Stadium Tour?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Bäumer, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

A ticket rep just called and offered me free tickets to a game and a "free" VIP stadium/seating tour in September. I have absolutely no desire (I am no Astro's VIP) to buy season tickets, should I take up the offer? Has anyone been on one of these? I don't want to walk into some high-pressure season ticket sales meeting after a tour like some kind of time-share trap. I have never been on a stadium tour and think it would be cool but I don't want to waste the salesman's time or my own time.

I think they are just cold calling people who signed up for the Iwantcsn.com petition. I have been a fan since I was a tiny kid but I don't go to many games anymore. I asked him if I could get a tour of the Astrodome instead but no luck.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

We did it last year. We've had season tickets for a few seasons, but we were assigned a new rep and he wanted to know if we wanted to change seats. So they offered the tour. Went to the press boxes, as I recall. Biggio's kids' high school team was playing a game while we were there.

3. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

I've done it. They'll take you around the press box, the club level, the suites, the diamond club (behind home plate), and onto the field. It's a pretty cool experience, actually. They're going to talk about options for purchasing tickets at the end, but they're not incredibly pushy.

4. body slam

body slam Member

what about the regular MMP tour? I have use'em or lose'em vacations fixing to expire. Looking for something to do that's simple and close to home.

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I appreciate the responses, I grew up loving the team and always wanted to see behind the scenes. I don't know why I never went on a tour when I was younger. I also haven't seen Springer play yet so I might be taking them up on this. Thanks!