1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, Dec 28, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

come on man no he didn't. Hartenstein plays like this every time he has the privilege to play. MDA puts Tyson right back in the lineup and Hartenstein goes right back to the dog house.

Rocket River, J Sizzle and astros123 like this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He can help vs Donic, AD, Jokic, Gianns.

jcmoon likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when harty plays meaningful minutes we win, its all you can ask from a young guy!

juanm34, astros123 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder if he can be a stretch 5 occasionally. He seems to have a solid release and shot threes in other leagues.

6. SemisolidSnake

Watching him, he just seems like a kid that needs more experience actually playing as opposed to sitting on the bench. That's the only way you can get acclimated to the bigs. I don't see why he shouldn't get at least a few minutes each game. Tyson would understand this perfectly. Hell, why not glue Tyson and Harty together for the season and have the veteran teach the kid everything he knows

It's very much like hiring someone into your company, not giving them direction, not giving them a defined role and responsibilities with reasonable expectations, not giving them the resources and ability to learn in their new environment, and then axing them after their employee review for not producing enough quality work in a timely fashion.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, I would love to have Gary and Hartenstein play well and contribute, that would help the Rockets AND CFs can stop complaining about it sheesh.

Rocket River and BaselineFade like this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

nahh he held his own. and had quite a few positive plays.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He had a couple of nice flashes tonight and did decent on the boards.

I think he's at the point where he needs some consistent game time reps to see if he's going to make it in the league or not.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Hartenstein is young and low cost. The team needs tape on him to feature him in a deadline deal so that another team out there looks at him as a young prospect. My guess is we'll see him get consistent minutes until the deadline and hope he puts together some decent highlights in that time.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don’t get hating on a 3rd string center. Seems fine for his role

12. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

He played well tonight.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Oh we know MDA will bury him. I’m talking about iHart being able to get a contract from another NBA team when this one is over.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Stop making sense

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

I thought he played well tonight. He needs to play 10-15 minutes every game to get in Rhythm. I’d also like to see him shoot 3’s if he’s open, he can knock them down at 30%.

ElDobleK likes this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dantoni is just simply not going to do the obvious right thing.

juanm34 likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

He’s a 21 year old seven footer. He can also shoot and make the three if MDA would allow it. Give the kid a chance.

It’s interesting to focus on Hartenstein when he’s on the floor. He constantly doing something. He doesn’t just stand and watch. He sets screens, he boxes out, he is always trying to get into the proper position. He does all the things I wish all our players would do.

He’s never going to be an elite player. He has limitations. But, he can become a solid rotation player. With more playing time, he’s only going to get better.

18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I agree. he has too much potential to cut, even if he doesn't fully develop for 2-3 more years....

I personally would roll the dice with capela and ship him out this year. I think Hartenstein guards the perimeter better than capela now, and its not a huge drop off between the two. I'd rather get a real forward and play small. We actually played good defense going small. Russ' athletiscm combined with tucker in the paint is good enough.

Rocket River and RudyTBag like this.
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did you actually watch the game?

He was god awful on defense last night and how did the Rockets won last night? DMA said very clearly : we played good defense in the last 6-7 minutes in the 4th.

And that’s when he was sitting at the bench.

20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

He's not God awful at defense at all...how many centers can guard perimeter players like dinwiddie well on the perimeter...it has to do with our scheme that they are switching a lot. He's actually serviceable as a center in these situations which makes him valuable.

Rocket River likes this.