1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Oct 22, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Come on, guy. Hartie is 8 years old and already has a serviceable jumper quick feet and a high motor. I have also noticed at a young age he utilizes verticallty; Harite will simply jump straight up in the air with his hands up instead of flailing his arms to get a block.

Getting stuffed at the rim by a good defender in Plumlee, who is 6'11, shouldn't doom a career.

Capela was trash at one point too. Early Capela's only skill when the Rockets drafted him was running fast.

2. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

You could see capela had something special when he started getting minutes late in that 14/15 season. Agree to disagree, but I just don’t see the quick feet you’re talking about. He seems so slow

topfive likes this.
  3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Where the hell was Hartenstein last night? He wasn't on the injury report, he played well in short bursts against the Mavs, we couldn't buy a stop or a rebound and Faried was getting killed, and we have him glued on the bench?

GotGame15 likes this.
  4. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's amazing that the coaching staff thought Faried at C vs Towns was a good idea and that it wasn't even worth giving Hartenstein a look in that game.

It's pretty clear that coaching is one of the biggest upgrades Morey can make in the offseason, but unfortunately he probably won't.

MC31B and GotGame15 like this.
  5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I know most of our players aren't healthy. I just hate MDA for not playing our young players with Harden/CP3/Capela/Gordon enough.
    How are they going to learn if they keep playing with our bench players?

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I went to the Vipers/Spurs G-League game last night in Cedar Park. We sat right behind the bench and could see and hear everything. Hartenstein works hard at the game. Coaches stay with him and on him...a lot. You can tell he is a focus. He seems to have a great attitude and work ethic.

Funniest moment of the night was after he threw down a monster dunk, someone from the Viper bench, I don't know who it was, said, "that's White Thunder right there" with high fives and hand slaps all around.

White Thunder

7. Rashmon

I hate to quote myself, but I mentioned it in another thread that during warmups, I yelled to House, "Hey Danuel, you need to sign that contract! We need you." He looked right at me, made a face, and shook his head saying, "Nah, man."

Odds are not good. He and Hartenstein seem to have a good relationship. They were warming up together and Hartenstein asked him what I said and they chuckled.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

“He’s the first athletic white African American ever.” — Bill Worrell

@DreamShook

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wait, what? The coaches are bad because they don't think Hartenstein is totally ready for the NBA?

And Morey's a failure because it's "pretty clear" that hiring new coaches is one of the "biggest upgrades" he can make?

Wow. And wow.

D-rock, roslolian and biff17 like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think Vanilla Thunder is catchier because it plays off Daryl Dawkins's old nickname.

Shark44 likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That slip up by worrell was almost on par with "clubbing baby seals "

Our broadcasters are a national treasure and I'll fight anyone that disagrees lol

xiki likes this.
  12. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I heard it was $2 beer night. I bet you had a lot to say.

pbthunder and xiki like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

IF farried has to miss multiple games , I think it would be worth it to call up hartenstein. Don't make Nene kill himself trying to play 20 minutes a game every game .... and definitely don't use PJ as the backup 5 because we've got to save his legs too

14. Rashmon

LOL. It was $2 beer night but I only had a couple.

The new acquisition Chiazzo (?) looked pretty good as well; good ball handler, distributor, and seemed to be a floor general.

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

According to basketball reference Hartenstein leads the Gleague in BPM

Crazy part is he is 20!!! next closest player was 22 year old Caboclo.

D-rock likes this.
  16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Thanks a million for sharing this. I’m not surprised at all but it is super sad.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

You could almost hear Bill's thoughts as he cycled through every applicable term he's used since he first started broadcasting.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I don’t know who he thinks he is. Nobody gets paid for a small sample size like he’s provided. I like him. But he’s getting bad advice going the route he’s going.

D-rock likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Sturm und Drang.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Rashmon

For the pics or it didn't happen crowd...
    [​IMG]

DreamShook and roslolian like this.