1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hartenstein named G-League Finals MVP!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 12, 2019.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Nice one. Thanks buddy. I'm happy to see that you are ready for serious Rockets playoffs basketball.
    Go Houston Rockets!

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

His last shot of that game was from mid-range. He gets an F for that.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Do we think Hartenstein can up his game to be a *Mason Plumlee* type big? That would be a serviceable regular rotation big off the bench?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No idea. He has got some skills, but he has a long way to go. If the NBA game slows down for him, perhaps he might become a rotation player.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

no, Plumlee has no role on our team. We are grooming Hartenstein to shoot 3s.

Turns out there are only nine 7ers who even qualified this year for the 3pt Leaderboard (82 makes), and 3 of them are stars. So, not much to compare. I'd say a poor-man's Brook Lopez. Kelly Olynyk?? Alex Len?

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I guess I should have been more clear. Not an exact "carbon copy of Plumlee" but the effect. A player that can be comfortable rebounding and being big on the court. Clearly the potential 3pt shot sets him apart.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

IH has dramatically improved his range and shot. We now have a 7' Center who is taking top of the circle 3pt "jump shots"--DMo shot more of a set shot and more from the corners. That opens up a different dimension for our offense. No one guards Clint up there because he can't shoot, they sag back into the lane. Defenses won't be able to do that with Hart if he can keep up that consistency in the big leagues.

He's got a pretty well rounded offensive game. If he can work on his feet a bit more on defense, he could make people (should I say) forget DMo.

Newlin likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In one of those G League Finals games I saw Hartenstein legit *step into a 3* above the break. It was pretty awesome how fluid it looked. It did look very Brook Lopez-ish. The question is can the game slow down for him enough on the NBA level. Just needs to take another step to be *rotation-worthy.*

lilbird20 and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What we think about "rotation-worthy" totally depends on situation and current form.

Who would have thought MCW would be making an impact on a playoff team ?

Hartenstein has the frame and has the skills . You are right , it's all about the game "slowing down" and him finding his comfort level .

I doubt very much that it happens this post-season . But , you never know.... and we can always use him for some hard fouls

seemoreroyals likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not expecting it this post season. But would love to think he can be in a 9-10 man rotation next season.

lilbird20 and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

An Alex Len with a three point shot would definitely be in our rotation. I think that would actually be a luxury considering Clint would be ahead of him. If they could ever play together it would be an extreme luxury.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He has all summer to work on that shot. He'll be able to hit the 3 next season. The only question is can he improve his mobility and positioning on defense. That's what would get him on the floor in the NBA.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey has lots of keys in his pocket.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Poor mans Kanter

fattz likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he will see some time this playoff run
    Maybe over NeNe

Rocket River

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"I still won't play him." - Dan Tony

17. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

You say he got robbed out of the MVP regular season award even though he lead the team to the best record and the MVP went to a guy whose team finished with the 4th best record.

Now if Giannis doesn't win the MVP and his team finished with the best record and Harden wins it even though his team finished 4th. It is the samer thing.

So I don't want to hear you whining if Harden doesn't win!

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It’s a joke.

But let me explain it to you. The joke is that it doesn’t matter what a Houston player does, the media will pick the narrative/criteria that allows someone else to win.

thus, if neither Hartenstein nor Harden win MVP by each doing the exact reverse, that’s the joke.