1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harris County Cop Shot execution style at a Gas Station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenDice, Aug 28, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

#all#TagsMatter

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Protesting is typically legal, rioting is not. So let's first separate the two.

Protest of wrongful black deaths by cops is to get the state, police dept, DA, justice system, even news coverage to change its behavior.

Protest of an execution of a white cop by a black man is to do what? You don't protest to change the behavior of a criminal. If the police dept, the DA, the court system, even news coverage does not do it's job to bring justice to this white cop, then protest would be to demand correcting that injustice.

1 person likes this.
  3. heypartner

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I didn't say "protest" in return. I just said do something to show that this incident is just as important.

Anyways, this was the scene at the gas station today. Proud to be a Houstonian. I live 2 minutes away from here and this community has always been great.

[​IMG]

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Holy **** -- that's awesome actually.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Its pretty simple, remove guns, you'll save a lot of lives...eventually Americans will do the right thing, its just going to take some time

7. Classic

Classic Member

simply tragic

hopefully our generation enacts legislation to help eliminate these types of events in the future:

legalize and decriminalize drugs to remove the ability for low lifes to make money via a black market to purchase such luxury items such as firearms and also pass sweeping gun legislation to limit the availability to the average citizen

im tired of reading news like this

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nope. We've got to protect our rights given to us by our forefathers two and a half centuries ago.

You know, in case we have vandals that come and raid our homesteads on horseback. Or, god forbid....the English.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Stupid post

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

thin blue line between civilization and animal savagery

for that reason, cop killers deserve the harshest possible punishment that can be imposed

11. Nook

Nook Member

That is a lot of white and Hispanic folks.

12. right1

right1 Member

How so?

13. right1

right1 Member

Just saying stupid post is kind nd of a stupid post even though I think the word stupid is stupid. RIP Officer Goforth. The vast majority of copd in this nation are good people and do their best to serve and protect. Injustice is America? Sure it happens, but our justice system is far and away better than most countries on Earth. I will assume you didn't read the thread and the post to which I was responding. My post was in response to paulnhbtx who said "Actually police make civilians hate them." I really don't think black people as a whole face injustice everyday here in Houston, TX. But thanks for your stupid post replym I'll need a little more educated response from you in order to continue on any level. Peace.

14. heypartner

And it's a white tv van, too. Did you notice that?

15. Nook

Nook Member

You are weird.

A lot of sport jerseys in the crowd too.

16. heypartner

wait!!! I think I see Waldo

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I see two JJ Watts and and Arian Foster.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I know, traffic was all jam up for this.

I thought you meant protest.

I'm not sure what you would want them to do and why single them out to do something? It is generally accepted that all lives matter. Except they feel their is not, and that's where their focus is at.

But, if I'm part of their movement, I would definitely suggest peaceful protest and while there are strong demand for change, there should also be strong word against any violent in their name. Clearly, there is a feeling of them causing some of this with the "out of control" message, so it would be helpful for them to be clear, if not already.

If my kid's school demographic info is any indication, this area is 15% Black, 15% Asian and the rest are White & Hispanic.

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Why no Harden? Why no Dwight?

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Same reason why Houston sport radio talk about baseball and football during NBA playoff.