1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's late-game lethargy.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jan 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

We've seen this same situation play out dozens of times since he first joined the team. He's the only reason we didn't lose by 80 points tonight, but his play (if one can even call it that) is UNACCEPTABLE at the end of the 4th quarter and OT. He walked gingerly up to the 3 point line and let Austin Rivers dribble the air out of the ball trying to find him about 7 or 8 times tonight. When Harden does get the ball, he's getting smothered by a double team with 6 on the shot clock. This resulted in a barrage of CLANKS from his useless teammates because they have to rush a shot up.

I know he's exhausted for carrying this offense, but Jesus Christ, GET INTO YOUR SETS EARLIER. CREATE SEPARATION. Remember that game against Boston where we blew a 30 point lead last year? Harden was standing still refusing to create space to get the ball. It cost us then and it cost us tonight. The difference is we actually suck this year and we may very well miss the playoffs entirely because of this pathetic offensive display.

Mike D'Antoni, grow a f'n pair and call a timeout after the THIRD, FOURTH OR FIFTH time you see this. If Harden is literally so exhausted that he is unable to move anymore, sit him for someone with a damn pulse.

/rant

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lay it off of him. The dude had 58 points. 58 points, down in the weed fighting for rebounds too.

IvanLCPM, vupac1, Deuce and 18 others like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

I know there are people here who might believe Austin is a better fit next to Harden than CP3 (okay, mostly are jokes)...

But that is exactly where CP3 has tremendous value. He isn't going to be injured forever like some think.

DaDakota, HakeemOnlyFan, jcf and 5 others like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The guy just dropped 58 points and got us a key rebound after Tucker bricked 2 free throws..... and you're blaming Harden?

vupac1, Elephant810, glynch and 27 others like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It sucks that he is having an MVP season but he isn't going to win it because his team can't get healthy and Tilman is being cheap with his moves. Harden is not winning MVP unless we go on an incredible winning streak.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  6. sheb

sheb Member

OP STFU he was tired

glynch, lw17, MarioKissoDeath and 5 others like this.
  7. MD_in_Training

Someone gives you a Bugatti and the first thing you do is nitpick the cup holder?

glynch, tmacfor35, Reeko and 15 others like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude was gassed.

Gerald Green making dumb foul after dumb foul, PJ not hitting free throws, and Rivers not fouling up 3 were the reason we lost late. Not Harden.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I've been hard on Harden over the years but he is doing all a player possibly can this season. He's the best player in basketball right now.

lw17, MarioKissoDeath, Reeko and 7 others like this.
  10. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

One day you will reread this post and feel very sad for yourself.

glynch, Reeko, HakeemOnlyFan and 14 others like this.
  11. jacoby

jacoby Member

Disregarding his/the team's offensive sets at the end of the 4th and all throughout OT because he dropped 58 is excusing the horrific coaching and effort the team put out there tonight. This HAS to be addressed, because if by some miracle Harden drags this team into the post-season, we will not win a single game performing the way we did at the end of that game. Standing around and setting up our offense with 6 on the shot clock will not work when actual playoff teams clamp down in crunch time of post-season games.

Spare me that nonsense.

Bearded13 likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Maybe the worst thread EVER.

Really?

13. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Harden has the narrative and has all the advanced metrics over giannis. i think last i checked we were the 4th seed.

14. jacoby

jacoby Member

Or I'll read this in the post-season and wonder why the team hasn't addressed this glaring issue in crunch-time. We MAY be able to get away with this offense against the Nets (although we got burned tonight) but it simply won't fly in the playoffs.

Bearded13 and pippendagimp like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

Lock it up, ban OP and quarantine wherever he lives.

Dankstronaut and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. anchel

anchel Member

This. What is his coach doing? I mean, at some point, if the player is exhausted, or is not making good decisions for whatever reason, where is the coaching help?

TheRealAllpro and jacoby like this.
  17. riko

riko Member

And the next time people complain about his usage they should go watch the DVD of this game because if he doesn’t put this team on his back this current team maybe as bad as the suns

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would like to see a thread discussing morey's full-season lethargy

gotsis, lw17, adw and 4 others like this.
  19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Exactly my thoughts as well. Harden was giving back every point he was scoring at a certain stretch in the 4th. Help him out!

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

OP is the epitome of why we can't have nice things. I'll never understand why we have 'fans' like this.

Deuce, Reeko, adw and 3 others like this.