1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden will be actively involved in Rockets' free agent recruiting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, May 4, 2013.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>On way out of Toyota Center, asked if he'll be active participant in Rockets' free-agent recruiting, James Harden tells ESPN: "Hell, yeah"</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/330594948720242688">May 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Asked specifically about joining Rockets' well-chronicled plans to chase Dwight Howard, Harden cracked a smile and said: "Maybe. Possibly"</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/330595402929811456">May 4, 2013</a></blockquote>

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its definitely going to be an interesting summer.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Euroleague final four starts on May 10 in London. He should go hop on a plane to there with Morey.

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What about Parsons? I'm sure he can "charm" Bosh into leaving Miami.

2 people like this.
  6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That gets me excited but I am keeping my expectations low this year. Deep down I expect a serious acquisition though. I think we do.

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

fix'd

1 person likes this.
  8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i remember a tweet from morey where someone wrote to him saying they couldn't wait until he signed a super star this summer. morey responded with "why just stop at one" or something very similar to that..

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

here is the tweet. maybe he was joking..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Why stop at TWO? <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%235minuteabs">#5minuteabs</a> RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/speeeeer">speeeeer</a> with 20 mil in cap space is it possible we can add TWO stars rather than one?</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/319542654356557825">April 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think he was being somewhat facetious given how difficult even signing one is.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'd be fine with one and a deeper bench.

Parsons can still develop into a star and Asik can be a top 40 NBA player if he's not already.

12. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

I predict that Harden will be directly involved in bringing us another sorely needed all-star player who he can gel with, and the whole team can bond together with as well, and together they will be unstoppable. Sadly there will be some dead weight still around for a couple of years or so that will never fully gel with the rest of the team. I hope coach handles this delicate issue appropriately from now on. Marketing and revenues seem to have gotten the better of this franchise this past year, lets hope we can learn from our mistakes. Marketability ≠ a true under-pressure performing player who can rise and shine during the most crucial moments where it counts the most.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Dwight is a bigger need but if we get both I'm going to j$&@ all over myself lol

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

good to hear from harden. shows he has the hunger to get better.

lmao

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Sounds like he wants rings!

16. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

I don't keep up with money or cap space, could we bring in Howard without losing anyone??? I for one don't wanna lose delfino, Garcia or asik....or this up tempo type of team we have.... If you grab Howard but lose those role players you lose a lot of spacing in my opinion because of their ability to shoot....

17. junk151

junk151 Member

Don't know the numbers either but IF Howards comes I think all 3 of them have to be gone.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Short summary-

Garcia is definitely gone due to the true team option on backloaded salary.

Delfino is almost certainly gone because of his team option and injury concern.

Yes the Rockets would need to decline their options and also find a way to dump Thomas Robinson and his salary as his salary makes up almost the exact amount they need to sign just Dwight.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Note that Howard or CP3 would still be able to be sign and traded so moving salary shouldn't be an issue. If the Lakers were not getting Dwight back, one would have to think that they would like to get something for him if they could. Thomas Robinson seems like a talented young player they wouldn't mind taking a stab at.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not very interested in Dwight, but please:

-Find Trob a new home. I'm still bitter that we traded away a stud in in PatPat for a guy without a jumper, go-to move and defensive awareness.

-Try to pry Lamarcus over here.

-Find a qualified coach for this group. McHale is a coach, but that doesn't mean he's qualified for this team.

-If the right player is available at the PG position, I think you have to consider trading Lin. The business impact could suffer, but our record might be better. He's a good player, but we have seen how every PG outplayed him for the majority of the year.

-Give Josh Smith a shorter deal with good money. See if he'll bite.

-LOCK UP Chandler. No matter what.

Keep Garcia or Delfino...role players with a positive impact in the lockerroom, as well as lights-out shooters, are difficult to come by. Cisco shows heart. My goodness, the guy wants to help his team win. Consider the difference between his role in our locker room and a shooter like Belinelli(sp)...pride, heart and versatility are crucial for a bench.

-Play Greg Smith, TJones and James Andersen or send them somewhere where they can show that they belong in the NBA. James Andersen definitely didn't get enough chances here.

*****Find a better coach. Better is a broad word...but I can define "Better Coach" by listing at least 25 guys under contract and 10 that are free-agents.

-Continue building the Rockets' fanbase. Clutchfans is huge, but we need to fill up those seats at the TC.

My WildCard moves: Along with another superstar with Harden, get Antwan Jamison over here, trade for Marcus Thornton from Sactown, Entice Courtney Lee to come finish business where he blossomed, and if all backup center signing attempts fail, bring back Sammy D for cheap. At least he can rebound and defend.

I'm a Rockets fan before any player, and as hard as it is to write this, I don't believe Jeremy Lin is our answer at PG. :( Not for a few years, at least. (Flame me, fine) I don't think Bev is either, but his style of play is better suited with our current offense.

However, with an addition of a coach with an understanding of adjustments and an ability to play uptempo and half-court, Jlin may be better than I thought.

Will miss watching until October :(