1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden wants sympathy over winning a championship.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, May 2, 2019.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Look at the title of the clip and discuss.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jason Whitlock talking sports? Is Jason McIntyre on there too? Nah, I’m good.

Invisible Fan, cbs1507 and Dacamel like this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

What the F, Kendrick Perkins is an analyst now?

cbs1507, juanm34 and Jontro like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Man Perkins is hard to listen to.

5. Voltik

Voltik Member

What’s wrong, you can be fat and still be an analyst. Not necessarily true when playing basketball. Most of these guys aren’t analyst but more anal-holes.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I haven't watched anything and I won't. These cats love to dunk on Harden for no reason.. I pray Harden and the Rockets get a win.. then stack more wins..

Harden got scratched in both eyes and nobody gives him a pass. PG13 got a sore shoulder and media makes sure we know his ass was hurt.

7. RocketsPower

RocketsPower Member

Harden gets an eye bleed that is severe enough to cause permanent damage to his eyes, and people accuses him of wanting sympathy. Meanwhile Steph dislocates his finger on his non-shooting hand and media be like "oh I hope he is ok"

BigMaloe, j3i, Dacamel and 2 others like this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

Honestly, it might be better to stay away from the media as a rockets fan. We get undeserved hatred everywhere. It's at that point, where to 1 guy supporting the rockets you get 25 haters. It's just not worth wasting the time on it anymore.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't listen to the media. I don't know why people get so bent out of shape over what they say. They are people, not robots. They form opinions based on their own bias, even if they are supposed to stay neutral. They still love certain players or teams. Nobody has to love the Rockets. I never love on any other team outside Houston, and don't take it personally when anyone else hates the Rockets. People hate Harden and the Rockets just like I hate Curry and the Warriors, or hated Kobe and the Lakers.

Some hatred probably stems from old Rockets rivalry. Some stems from simply having their favorite team. Some stems from people just not liking the so called star of a team. I can't stand Curry for his sickening habits and cockiness and hated Kobe for a lot of reasons. I hated how he chewed on his shirt like a toddler. He got touched and it was a foul, and the list goes on. Why would our team be any different?

People can find lots of annoying antics and habits of Harden if they choose. Maybe some of it started with him stirring the pot or doing his other antics. Maybe some didn't like the way he tried to draw fouls all the time by hooking his arm under someone and yanking up. They don't have to like a team built around one man taking more shots than anyone in the league. They don't have to like a team that just takes a bunch of 3's. They don't have to like our slow pace and ISO ball style. The media is no different. They are just paid to spurt their opinions.

#9 deb4rockets, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    durvasa and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I would love to see James play with 3 other all stars. It would great. Our guys are nice but limited.

11. amaru

amaru Member

No. As a rule, I generally avoid "hot take" shows. I doubt any of these guys actually know Harden well enough to say what he truly wants. So this is just click bait.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

Even if they were praising us, who gives a sh*t? None of these reporters actually know anything about sports. There are very few talking heads in basketball whose opinion I actually respect (Lowe, for example).

Over time I found sports talk on television to become incredibly dull and repetitive. None of these pundits can string together 2 or 3 days of interesting content.

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am not watching anything either. Its a toxic environment until the Rockets win Game 3 and 4 Game 5 is the big game. Like I have been saying people want to call this a sweep which is utterly ridiculous. The Bench always plays better at home

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would too, but don't expect it to happen. Their role will become less with James taking over.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hell, i'd take one other all star

mike2k132 likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

One of the greatest blackball jobs in sports history is unfolding right before our very eyes. 10 years from now they will all pretend they loved James.

Invisible Fan and Rocket River like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sad **** is . . .. I think K played with HArden at OKC
    in fact . . his shitty contract is why they could not retain harden
    maybe he resents Harden want to make his worth (4 million extra dollars)
    and leaving.

Rocket River

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Jason Whitlock sucks, always have and always will.

Tfor3 and rocketman84 like this.
  19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Kendrick Perkins - piggy backer of stars, acts like he know everything it take to win a championship. Psh

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Always . .. f*ck Jason Sh!tlock
    That dude is a garbage human being

Rocket River

Tfor3 and Dacamel like this.