1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

When Harden is out on the flood
    So now Harden plays 38 minutes and he gets a pass to not hustle and play defense? LOL ok Les Alexander. I'd rather have Harden play 33-35 min per game and play defense and effort then play 38 min and gets a pass from the organization and fans.

2. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Yeah of course. We will have to see, I do believe D'Antoni's system will fit Harden, but I won't hold my breathe on that.

3. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

You are knowledge poster on Clutchfans, I respect that.

Harden was definitely the X-Factor in the OKC/Spurs series. I remember him hitting clutch shots. As for Klay, he was a x-factor to beating OKC. Especially in the eliminate game 6 on the road in OKC.

I said Harden was the better talent of the 2. But depending on the team and system, Harden over Klay is debatable.

Klay is like Ray Allen and Reggie Miller. Harden is like Wade(without defense and hustle) and Carmelo.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

5. vlaurelio

Harden can be a sixth man or 2nd or 3rd superstart or just the sole franchise superstar

Klay can't be a sole franchise superstar

6. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

This thread is pure foolishness. No GM would trade Harden for Klay. Harden is top 5 NBA player. Klay is hovering around 25-30th best player.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think distance travel means much when you adjust for offensive roles

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Distance traveled is relevant to disprove the statement that Harden was dead last in distance traveled among guards. That statement was made earlier in the thread and was 100% incorrect.

BigMaloe and rm365 like this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Harden is pretty low in distance per 36 minutes, but so are Durant and LeBron.

These aren't guys that are asked to run through picks or to the corner 3 (like Curry) and take off without the ball on the fast break (like Corey Brewer). Harden will usually wait for the ball and be the passer and do a lot of orchestrating from the top. Same as LeBron

I have noticed that Harden does not move much without the ball since last year but we'd need a better stat to prove it

10. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

I didn't make it up though. Honestly it was some random old bball trivia I had heard.

Here is a reference though the stat link is dead.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Except that Harden's role was the 6th man with OKC, and Klay's one was being the 2nd man on Offense with GSW.
    Not the the same (and in response to the other poster)

Liked the rest of the comment.

Harden's game is more about volume scoring and assisting while Prime Wade made crazy circus shots like a bigger SG version of Tony Parker on steroids.

And MDA cracks under pressure, if his system is going well, it's going great, but it did not happen everywhere he coached.

#831 daywalker02, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  12. vlaurelio

LOL hello there mr. gullible as a Trump supporter

13. what

what Member

Harden is better than Klay, get serious.

14. Mr. Clutch

He is low in distance travelled per36. I provided the link

It's also true of Durant and LeBron though

The reason I think is that these guys spend a lot of time on the perimeter, and when they drive it's generally straight to the basket and maybe a pullup. They aren't running through tons of picks like curry or probing like cp3

We're also talking about small differences. Less than .1 miles lower than curry per 36

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Charles has lost his mind. Thinks Klay Thompson is a top 5 player in the NBA...he's completely lost it.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I think he said second best player behind lebron ? Him and leonard if I'm not mistaken??? He's gone mad

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, that's even worse.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

daaaaaaaaaam chuck been eating waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many krispy kremes. ey fat boy, pass those donuts over here. let me help you think again. pass all those donuts over here.

20. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Good for Charles but most people with a few more active brain cells know who the superior player is. There is a reason why almost every media and intelligent nba analyst has harden at number uno at the SG spot.