1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden travelled; people are sad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 17, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that doesnt mean it wont happen and that doesn't mean they couldn't call it only on harden

jcf likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It could be very specific language...like "if James Harden does a step-back 3, then it is a travel and illegal". ;)

slothy420 likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So when does Robert Mueller start his investigation on officials colluding with Harden?

4. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s sad, Harden does one thing and bleacher report , black adam sheffter, etc etc start making viral videos ..yet they not talking about his big 3 or dunk ‍♂️

BaselineFade and amaru like this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Everyone, including Harden, has acknowledged it was a missed travel call but the conspiracy doesn't care. He's the villain and they're going to act like MJ pushing off, Malone bear hugging, Duncan getting tossed, the entire Suns v Lakers playoff series, etc..., didn't happen.

Despite the trolls amnesia, there is so much ref error throughout high profile games in nba history and you got all these fools today acting like this is something new and only Harden does it. And worst it's Harden doing it on purpose and it's his fault as if Harden carries a whistle and is required to referee himself. Ridiculous and yes massive conspiracy because you have major NBA media chumming the waters, feeding the troll sharks.

The best thing is we all learn from Harden and dgaf about what anybody says.

[​IMG]

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It's the cool thing to do. Hate James Harden. No Defense James Harden, Travel James Harden, Choking in the Playoffs James Harden. Eagerly awaiting what the next cool hate on James Harden will be!

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

No one expected him to be this good.

Therefore they were wrong so they gotta hate.

amaru likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

osama bin harden be in their heads, they really do fear the beard now. even iggy tweeted at the refs in a show of outrage. this man must be stopped once and for all. he's a tyrant on the court. an attack on the geneva convention. we need a strong crew of navy seals to liberate this league and win the hearts and minds of the players and fans once again.

adw and BaselineFade like this.
  9. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

Okay; one bad missed call by the re frees tonight; but what about tens of bad calls against the Rockets in the game? Guys, pay no mind to James-the-barber-Harden-league MVP-Beard haters. The Sun will certainly shine tomorrow no matter what the haters say. You guys ought to realize that the Beard's haters will only focused on what the Beard or the Rockets are doing poorly regardless of what the Rockets are doing well or how outstanding the Beard is playing in any given night. Let the haters do them and let the Beard do what he does best night in, and night out -- play outstanding and tantalizing Basket Ball. That's all we can and should ask of the Beard.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They trying to ruin Harden's legacy as one of the greatest NBA players of all time...OF ALL TIME!

Ima let u finish but...

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

Maybe yesterday. See what I did there? and that's my final answer.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cali media put a hit on Harden. They did this **** with Tmac and now is with Harden.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In life, people need to evaluate things on a "case by case basis." But they don't.

What people tend to do is have an "initial belief" and then look for "corroborating evidence" to support their "initial belief." And then "legit evidence" that could be to the contrary gets "discarded."

This is a problem.

With Harden, people are convinced he is a cheater. And this travel supports their opinion that Harden cheats on EVERY play. That of course is not the case. But they don't care.

It is a miracle that Harden was able to garner the media narrative angle to win the MVP. More impressive than winning in a finals down 0-3, IMO.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is no Cali sports media.

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think the blocking/charging calls this season have been the worst I've ever seen. For all the talk that offensive players now have the advantage due to the new rules on hand checking there is a lot of poor defense out there that is being rewarded for just falling over their own feet. Shane Battier would be rolling over in his grave if he were dead.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't watched it in slow mo but it seems that many times he does a bit of a hop where both feet are in the air simultaneously and his feet land nearly simultaneously and I think that's what the refs let him get away with.

What's more interesting is how much outrage its causing. People want Harden reffed differently when he isn't reffed any differently than anyone else. Why don't other players just adopt his techniques?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That last frame does look like potential contact both with the elbow and his hip area

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yeah HP corrected that the gather foot plant counted as 1 and I agree it was a travel upon deeper inspection

19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I think the Rockets/Jazz game I saw literally stands out head and shoulders above all the other games this season (and last season). It was particularly egregious to a point where anyone could see bad, missed and outright wrong calls repeatedly on both sides. Normally games are far better officiated than that one was. I hope the ref's use that game as a training video.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance