1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden slowest in NBA in...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Bro, please calm down, I'm applaud Harden accomplishments overall, especially last year, but I don't think my criticism is unfounded. Yes there are trade offs and it's unreasonable to expect a player to be great at everything, I was simply talking about effort, which at times is pretty sh***** as many homer and objective fans alike can attest to.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Generally speaking if he has a turnover or missed shot at the basket he isn’t hoofing it back down the court. These stats back that up. Nobody is perfect.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sorry to you guys who are dissatisfied with Harden's play. Watching the NBA must suck for you guys.

BigMaloe, Obito and Reeko like this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm worried about him getting an 8 second violation, if a ref really wanted to, they could probably call 5+ on him in any given game.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's not getting an 8 second violation because he's taking less than 8 seconds to cross half court. not because the refs "really don't want to"

and doesn't that count start after some one tocuhes the ball? same with the 24 second shot clock?

don't stress out yourself too much.. but if you really are worried about it, show me 5 intances of this happening in a game where harden does it

6. vlaurelio

so deflections, going for looseballs, taking charges, rebounding, contesting shots ain't "hustling"?

7. vlaurelio

so you don't think what everything's achieved last year doesn't take any effort at all?

he was pretty much the real MVP, heaviest burden to carry, most frantic pace (just you said), one of the most minutes played

pace or not are these enough effort for you?

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recorvered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

8. bongman

bongman Member

The man almost averaged trip dubs for 82 games and everybody agrees he ran out of gas during the playoffs. That means, he gave us everything he got so I am not really sure if the expectations are reasonable.

9. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Jus wonder if u have good publisher for the novel here

10. vlaurelio

Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This is better. When Harden is back in transition and the opponent pushes it, he tends to to commit a foul instead of defending sometimes..

12. rockpileindisma

There are so many dumb threads on the first page right now my god :eek::eek:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I see what you are saying, but you are making way too much of my critique/observation.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Which one do u think is the dumbest? My vote would be for the Trade Harden thread.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a lot of butt hurt nuthuggers making their emotional pains known . . . .

rockpileindisma likes this.
  16. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Defensive effort***

Why are some of you acting like what I said is blasphemy. I acknowledged all Harden does and that he's a flat out all time great, but should it really cause such an outcry when someone as a point of critique makes comments about his defensive effort, which at times has been below par?

17. rockpileindisma

I like the "don't be surprised" thread the best. Mostly because that shut would be super surprising.

Reeko likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

more like alot of haters making their insecurities and bias known to stay relevant

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own poll

Snow Villiers likes this.
  20. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Are you ok !? I worry for ur mentally health