1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden over working out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 25, 2018.

1. mockster

mockster Member

I noticed the announcers talking about how James harden will be up all night in the gym working out. That’s great and all but he might be messing up his sleep schedule and slightly over doing it

Hard work is nesscarery but sometimes physical and mental rest is the best remedy

I just wonder if this is why he was off last night

The dude just needs to take a day. Get refreshed

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

can people stop with these gimmick excuses

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I wouldn't say it affects him physically. Harden is sound physically right now. I think he actually could go 48 minutes.

Mentally, though, I'm not so sure. That's a lot of gym time alone to be thinking, "I have to do better, I have to do better, I have to do better..."

We all know Harden's own mind can be his biggest enemy.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Better than strip clubs amirite CF?

Xerobull likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

If he is out having a good time, CF whining

If he working out, CF whining

Damned if you, damned if you dont

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nice, now it's like Harden please go to strip clubs instead of practicing. We've gone full circle

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. SS0101

SS0101 Member

At this point...I ride and die with harden. His work ethic and will is not a problem, so no matter his failures, I am good with it. This guy has had the least help in the NBA among any star of his caliber for the last few years before this year and CP3. The offensive burden he has taken and more importantly embraced is unreal. I got into thinking about this last night before the CP3 injury even happened. After a camera shot of KD and his worried look on his face in the 4th quarter (even though he has 3 other allstars running with him) I started thinking about the difference between Harden and Durant. I thought about how incredible it is that they were once teammates and now want to take each others heads off (I really get the sense that the rockets despise them, go figure). And i wondered if Harden knew, way back then, how much of a beta-b*** this guy was. Made me appreciate Harden even more. Whether the shots fall/we get the amazing performance from harden or not...i have a great feeling that he is gonna leave it all out there. Ill live with that. So mental or not...i will take Hardens mentality over KD any day.

Jake Tower, HP3 and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. mockster

mockster Member

Lol I knew CF would blow this out of proportion

Resting and going to a strip club is not even remotely the same just FYI

Nobody is saying harden shouldn’t be putting in work but Idk about him practicing all night. To me he’s suffering from mental fatigue.

I just think the guy has to realize that rest is the best therapy sometimes

Also I’m doubting most of you’ve ever played any type of sports saying “he’s in great shape” “don’t make excuses”

I’ve had muscle soreness that’s thrown me off my game significantly. The fact that these guys can perform at a consistent level is insane but I’m not surprised harden struggled with him working so hard, traveling and playing every other day

The dude is human

#8 mockster, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

JH suffers from every single thing in the world if it were up to some cf's members

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think I’d rather he just hit up the strip clubs.

NealB likes this.
  11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

"Working out" - independent contractor massaging the thigh/ groin area with buttocks

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If he is working out at night, it could be to relieve the stress and thoughts going on in his mind.

Probably can't sleep. Can't relax.

Stormy1234 and saleem like this.
  13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Harden didn't work out last night he was choppin it up for hours with hot dude Chris while they enjoyed a nice A1 Steak dinner

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. jbasket

jbasket Member

EG took his place DMing ig thots & paying stripper salaries. The true hero Rockets need.