1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on the cover of NBA 2k16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jonkey86, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

Depends on the purpose. What would you like to see?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hope this is true! Thanks for the info

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just want the game for Spike Lee mode.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I see Bev made the cover lol

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

TNT pre-game show and/or half-time show and/or post game show.
    I know Chuck has historically been insanely hard to recruit for basketball games, but what about Kenny and Webber?

Also TNT presentation in general. Authentic TNT would be nice considering NBA Live is going full on ESPN.

You guys probably already know this, but NLSC Live and OperationSports have massive wishlist threads in their respective NBA 2K sections.
    http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=98625
    http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/768543-nba-2k16-wishlist-thread.html

#45 RedRedemption, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So does that mean the story mode will include authentic strippers, hoes, and groupies ;)

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Welp, hopefully Harden goes a different path than TMac when he was on the cover.. good season in 07-08 but was playing on one leg in the playoffs and his career was over after that year, smh.

8. RedRedemption

Oh no. :(

9. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

NBA Live 07 came out for the 06-07 season, the season prior to the one you're thinking of.

First, remove Steve Kerr as an announcer because he's an NBA coach (imo). Clark Kellogg is the Clyde Drexler of 2K, also. But I understand it's not easy finding new announcers.

Harden's fade needs to be more accurate for his mohawk.

More Harden animations:

"stir it up"
    [​IMG]

the 3 pt celebration (keeps doing the OKC one with is hands down)
    old OKC one (current):
    [​IMG]

newer ones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"super saiyan" Harden would be a luxury but that would be nice too ;)

10. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

QUOTE=RedRedemption;9835383]You guys probably already know this, but NLSC Live and OperationSports have massive wishlist threads in their respective NBA 2K sections.
    http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=98625
    http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/768543-nba-2k16-wishlist-thread.html[/QUOTE]

Definitely know about those threads. Lots of good ideas and helpful discussion. Over time, I hope some of that can happen on CF as well. I've been a huge Rockets fan since I can remember (which, fortunately enough, was '93-'94), and I want to represent the great stories of the franchise as much as possible.

Now that I understand your question better, I'd say chances are strong.

11. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

Noted. Thanks for the feedback!

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lol so true... it's hard to do to much with sports games especially when you find things that work and.that people love like My Career and Association mode. Really the only things they can work on is the presentation and creating a better AI

13. PJ86

PJ86 Member

All covers are available to people who buy the physical copy, they will be inserts which you can interchange.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yea that's right. Not too worried anyway since both Curry and Davis are also on the cover haha.

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Honestly 2K covers are terrible in terms of design and have been for quite sometime. Have no aesthetic quality about them. The process is pretty much grab the first 3 shots from Google image search of the athlete, blend them together in photoshop using different opacity, add same gradient red background in use since 2K11, and five minutes later you have something that looks like came from photoshop contest on a fan forum.

Why can't 2K spend the time and money to do a real photoshoot with the athlete and hire a graphic designer to create a theme that is consistent with the depiction of said athlete? For example Harden's beard is iconic. Use it as a theme with a clean streamlined design highlighting it.

16. Sunbear

Sunbear Member

I can promise you more goes into it than that.

We do.

I like your idea about highlighting what makes each athlete unique: Harden's beard, Davis' unibrow, Curry's baby face. This year's theme is "Be the story," so we chose to highlight each athlete's unique story in the cover.

17. RedRedemption

So... The players story starts in high school... Does that mean we might be playing a college season?

Probably just a pipe dream lol.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

This I like....

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Who is on the back?