1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's subtle but Harden is saying:

"I'm upset
    Fifty thousand on my head, it's disrespect
    So offended that I had to double check
    I'ma always take the money over sex
    That's why they need me out the way
    What you expect?"

"I'm upset
    Hunnid thousand on my head, it's disrespect
    So offended that I had to double check
    You tryna check?
    This is real life, *****s think we playin' chess
    So what's next?
    Jump up out the bed like I'm possessed
    I go out on tour and I say I'm drinkin' less
    End up gettin' loose and gettin' pictures from my ex
    SMS, triple X
    That's the only time I ever shoot below the neck (skrr)
    Why you keep on shootin' if you know that ____ dead? (Skrr)
    That's the only kind of **** that gets you some respect"

"Got a lot of blood and it's cold
    They keep tryna get me for my soul (for my soul)
    Thankful for the women that I know (that I know)
    Can't go fifty-fifty with no hoe"

Rocket River

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Harden's loyalty is tied with his work ethic as to why he's one of the greatest.

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I doubt Giannis will play in that game. More than likely the Bucks will have already won the Eastern Conference by that point, so they'll start resting a lot of their stars against the tougher teams.

D-rock likes this.
  4. rockets13champs

it’s actually pretty easy to stop Giannis. All we gotta do is force him to post up from way out of the paint. U take away the paint this guy is so ineffective. I think Boston might beat them tho in Ecf.

BaselineFade, clutchdabear and Tfor3 like this.
  5. rockets13champs

Rachel prob so excited she got such a big story line out of this ****. Espn got all the clicks they were missing post allstar game

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Harden should never do any interviews with Rachel Nichols, she's just looking to stir **** up. Gotta be smarter than that.

Little Bit likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

They agree with Harden 1000%. They said Giannis way out of line cuz no matter what people think of Harden he is still a lot better than freaking Kemba Walker. Secondly Harden is justified to defend himself cuz Giannis took 2 shots at him already. Third Harden led the league in assists and is already a good defender so Harden was right when he said he didnt get the joke.

They kinda left out the most important part which is Giannis arguably choked harder than Harden in the playoffs which is why he cant be throwing **** at Harden in the first place. At least KD won a ring first before he started shooting his mouth all over the place Giannis has been acting like trash just cuz he won an MVP.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  8. Mr. Space City

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

??? Harden is justified to defend himself after Giannis took 2 unprovoked blows at him in public. Listen to Harden's comments he already decided to get back at Giannis if he ever got asked those werent off the cuff remarks.

If anything Barkley is the one who should be getting hate cuz he suddenly called Harden "the Dribbler" when Harden didnt do anything to him and egged Giannis on to make fun of Harden for no reason.

D-rock likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

They're also playing one of the softest schedules the NBA has seen in years.

D-rock, clutchdabear and RayRay10 like this.
  11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

I agree he is justified in saying what he's saying. I'm just saying I don't think it's very smart strategically. At the end of the day, its his choice of course.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah cuz strategically the smart thing to do when somebody keeps making cheap shots at you is take it like a b****. Cuz you know bullies stop when you don't stand up to them and people respect those who let everybody push them around.

Harden isnt trying to be the NBA's golden boy like Lebron or Curry he isnt obligated to take the high road all the time. And he shouldn't.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Meh. Everyone's highlights look great, and everyone's lowlights look horrible.

Giannis took cheap shots during a national telecast. Not sure how Harden standing up for himself was a dumb strategic move.

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Why do you keep posting that same video?

It literally wasn't his fault. He had 2 guys on him and passed it to Howard, who was wide open for the shot, yet Howard passed it back to Harden knowing he had 2 guys on him instead of shooting that wide open 3pt shot. And Harden was getting hacked by 2 guys, which should have resulted him getting free throws.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This cannot be denied.

Invisible Fan and amaru like this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He didnt set that course

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let's get real folks. I have found the source of the endless Giannis salt mine regarding Harden. It's because he can't play 5-out on this Rockets team.

If Giannis is on this version of the Rockets, he's fighting with Thabo, Uncle Jeff, Carroll for the role of Covington's backup. His 31% three point shooting makes him a bit of an anchor on offense. Players will cheat off him.

IF you replaced Russ with him, it's a different story, as he can take up the "nonshooter" slot. But, Russ has been playing pretty well lately, so I'm loathe to make that switch.

Sorry Giannis, no room for you here. Try to get over it, you've got a nice little team up there in....*checks notes* .... Milwaukee.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yes Harden proved he wasn't a b**** by coming back at Giannis through the media. But his comments will probably inspire Giannis to play even better than he already is. I don't think giving your opponent more motivation to destroy you and play better than you is a good idea. Guess he had no other choice.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah if only zion was white he might get more hype

slothy420 likes this.