1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden named Western Conference Player of the Week again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Nov 6, 2017.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Do you mean this years Harden is looking like Irving taking on the Celts on his back...???

People tend to forget Kyrie was an Eastern Conference starting PG for All Star games prior to LeBrons return to Cavs. Media would often ask who is the best PF? Blake Griffin or Kevin Love just prior to Love being sent to the Cavs.

Nice conversation Daywalker; stay cool

#61 ApacheWarrior, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats to JH!

3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Do we really have to bring it up..... The 2011 NBA Finals..... Do you know where LeBron ranked in scoring that series?

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What's your point?

We all know LeBron has choked.

We also all know his value isn't limited to offense.

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

You said what Harden did in game 6 was worse.... How LeBron performed in the 2011 Finals was much worse in comparison to probably any Harden failure in the offs.

Homecourt advantage.... Multiple stars on your team.... LeBron was the fifth highest scorer in that series behind Jason Terry.

Not to mention the 8 point performance in a pivotal game 4.

He wasn't exactly good on D in that series either.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

how can being the only superstar on a 6th seed roster without HCA and getting stopped by a clearly superior team with championship level coaching, defense, and offense

be worse than

having 2 superstars and a championship level roster with HCA get beaten in 6 games

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Believe what you want. I'm not putting effort into convincing people of obvious things.

Let's just agree, Go Rockets.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lebron’s 2011 Finals was worse than anything Harden has done, no doubt

he was pretty much nowhere to be found for an entire series when he was the best player in the NBA...he shrunk

Bron bounced back tho, and so can Harden

Lebron’s game 5 against the Celtics in 2010 was similar to Harden’s game 6 against SA

ApacheWarrior and alethios like this.
  9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

LeBron also led EVERYONE in Rebs+Asts

LeBron shot 47.8% FG
    Dirk - 41.5
    Bosh - 41.3

Did you not believe I would actually check the stats if this was seriously debated?

In the end, we're all cheering for HOU, so Go Harden, Go Rockets

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Ask Kobe, since Mavs squashed Phil's 4th 3-Peat.

The fact you omit 1) Kawhi's absence 2) 40-point 3) at Home just makes me think you're trolling.

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Harden has been carrying the whole damn team since he came here virtually being the only star (not going to count Howard lol), and we haven't missed the playoffs. We been 2nd in the West, been to WCF, 3rd place in the whole NBA, runner up MVP twice, etc etc. Looking at all the other teams and having talented players and can't accomplish the same thing as Harden, and we rag on him since he has had a few duds in the playoffs. It happens especially when teams can laser focus on him and not be worried about anyone else. Morey needed to get him more help and it looks like he did this year and hopefully can get a couple more pieces by trade deadline or in the offseason. Do I get mad at some of the Harden's performances where it seems like he's pouting or not putting in effort, sure. But he's human and it happens. Get him more help, even if he had performed well, we realistically ain't going to win anyways. GSW is way above everyone else.

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Imma need you to use TS% ... And I hope you're not arguing that LeBron was better or even close to on par with Dirk's performance in that Finals.

Also I can tell you didn't watch the series if that's your takeaway.... LeBron was objectively terrible in that series especially given the situation.... Including 8 points in a huge game 4.

If Harden had a series with the same numbers and performances in a similar situation.... Shooting 47% and averaged 17ppg in a series... No way in hell you'd be defending him.

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

I said LeBron choked. Do you remember?

TS% in this situation matches FG%.

LeBron was 3rd highest of the Top 5 scorers - a criterion YOU introduced. I'm just pointing out his performance overall wasn't as bad as you're making it.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

per basketball-reference.com

Harden was a: (minus 15 x the 6 game series vs the Spurs in last season’s 16/17 PO’s) [Harden 83rd - 88th PO games]

LeBron was a: (minus 36 x the 6 game series vs Dallas in the 10/11 season’s PO’s) [LeBrons 87th - 92nd PO games]

Kawhi was a: (plus 1 x the 5 games he played vs Houston in 16/17 season’s PO’s) [Kawhis 82nd - 86th PO games]

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

No.... I'm saying it was a worse performance than Harden.... "That's as bad as I'm making it".... So unless you're stating otherwise or rebutting it with Harden somehow performed worse comparatively, then IDK what you're arguing.

What is a worse performance than Harden or not?

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

No.

LeBron choked.

Harden quit.

17. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Since when is scoring 8 points in a pivotal playoff game simply choking.... If Harden "quit", then so did LeBron

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

You're back only talking scoring again. We know why.

LOL at suggesting a non-elimination game equals elimination.

I'm done with this tedious conversation.

Go Rockets, Go Beard !!!