1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is the "best player in the whole league..." Agree?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jan 5, 2017.

?

Is James Harden THE BEST PLAYER in the league?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. varughese.arun

Drexler said: James Harden is the "Best player in the whole league..."
    What do you think?

Forward to 2:20

IMHO: James Harden is the best player in the NBA.
    Obviously, this means that he is better than LeBron, and better than Westbroke. I'm not sure if anyone would even consider Westbroke the best in the league so I won't waste my time arguing Harden being better than Westbroke. The majority of NBA fans think that LeBron is the best in the league. I disagree. Here are my reasons why:

- Harden is Clutch.
    HARDEN IS CLAM UNDER PRESSURE and is not afflicted by the same problem that both LeBron and Durant face. He proved this very early in his career:

Yes he did not do as much in the Finals against the Heat; however, it was not due to his lack of skill. OKC considered him a "role player" to Westbroke and Durant (OKC got this wrong). Also, Harden was very young in that stage of his career and just was not as mature as he currently is. Maturity is a major factor in success. LeBron realized this at a young age and distanced himself from distractions and FOCUSED ONLY ON HIS CAREER FROM THE BEGINNING. Harden did not. Nevertheless, Harden has matured, and his Basketball skills have steadily increased. So much so that, currently, James Harden > LeBron James.

- Harden has more skills.
    I don't have to elaborate much on this point. Harden has a better shot than LeBron, Harden has better handles than LeBron, and Harden has better vision than LeBron.

- Harden has not proved anything yet.
    This is a very valid point. I agree, Harden has not proved anything yet. However, do not overlook the impact the NBA has played in the success of LeBron James. Since he entered the league, LeBron James was embraced as the 2nd coming of the GOAT. Players from around the league wanted to play alongside LeBron because they thought that LeBron would help them win the championship. Shaquille O'Neal, and other would soon learn that LeBron is not really the "chosen one" and just a conception of Main Stream Media. When LeBron FINALLY won the championship in 2012 by beating the OKC Thunder, he had DWAYNE WADE and CHRIS BOSH on his team. They beat a Young Thunder team who, in my humble opinion, WERE ROBBED OF THE TITLE!
    James Harden has never benefitted from the same acclaim that LeBron receives. Harden, on the other hand has been put down by Main Stream Media and has had to prove his worth the hard way. Harden is finally in a position to prove himself as the Rockets FINALLY put stars around James Harden. However, NOWHERE NEAR the amount of stars LeBron had around him when he won (Arguably, 4 hall-of-famers on the Heat when they won the 2nd time: L. James; D. Wade; Ray Allen; C. Bosh).

- Harden has more MAMBA in him than LeBron.
    As you can see, I just don't believe in LeBron James.
    LeBron is great, don't get me wrong, but people say LeBron is TOP 5 ALL TIME! What in the hell, really?

1. Jordan 2. Kareem 3. Hakeem 4. Bird 5. Magic
    - For those that think Lebron James is better than Larry Bird...
    Bird averaged 24 pts, 10 rebounds, and 6 assists. TEN REBOUNDS as a small forward while playing along side McHale and Parish! Bird was MVP 3 years IN A ROW!
    - For those that think Tim Duncan > Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon...
    In all time stats Hakeem basically TOP 10 IN EVERYTHING! He is:
    - 1st in BLOCKS (Duncan 5th),
    - 8th in STEALS (DUNCAN nowhere close),
    - 10th in POINTS (Duncan14th),
    - 13th in REBOUNDS (Duncan 6th).
    FORGET THE STATS, you don't even need to check stats, just go watch Tim Duncan highlights and then watch Hakeem THE DREAM Olajuwon highlights... enough said. Sorry got a bit carried away... Anyways, where was I, yes, LeBron IS NOT TOP 5 ALL TIME.

IMAGINE THE BEARD AS NBA's POSTER CHILD!

SUPPORT JAMES HARDEN!

#1 varughese.arun, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    s3ts, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  2. varughese.arun

This is an argument my friend and I often have. I assume that the majority of you will say LeBron James.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Night in and night out, he's a consumate professional who is a dark-horse candidate for MVP

s3ts, hakeem94 and varughese.arun like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron and Harden are in a league of their own. I would edge Harden past LeBron this year, but I try not to underestimate LeBron. When he turns it up, he turns it up in the playoffs.

I would put KD in there, but I'm not sure how much of that success he is having is due to having Klay, Steph, and Dray backing him up night in and night out.

s3ts, YaoMing#1 and varughese.arun like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I LIKE it!

Mr. Clutch and varughese.arun like this.
  6. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Where's a source for this?

varughese.arun likes this.
  7. varughese.arun

EXACTLY! The man is ready to play EVERY NIGHT. I doubt many of us could do the same if we were given the opportunity.

#7 varughese.arun, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. varughese.arun

thanks for reminding me. Forward to 2:20

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And a tall drink of water

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the seal clubber

11. varughese.arun

Wow, I can't believe that some people are actually agree with me.
    IMHO, Kyrie Irving is the MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE! This guy is phenomenal. To have KYRIE IRVING and KEVIN LOVE on the team, along with a stable J.R. SMITH is scary. I respect the skills of LeBron, but i think we oftenover look the importance of Kyrie Irving. K. Irving is also VERY YOUNG. Although he is very mature for his age, I think he is also SLIGHTLY afflicted by the same vices that most young people face. Once he fully matures the League is his.

12. bongman

bongman Member

He was the number one draft pick, rookie of the year and all star MVP on his second year in the league . He has tons of commercials for somebody who could not get his team in the playoffs in the Eastern conf until the King joined him. I repeat, Eastern conf where anything close to .500 should warrant you a spot. If anything, that is is overrating.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a phenomenal player but stating he is underrated is false.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm gonna be a homer and say Harden.

14. varughese.arun

yeah, those are all valid points. I guess I just feel like he gets overshadowed. Especially with LeBron on the same team, and after all the bandwagon Curry fans who think he is the greatest ever. I actually give Kyrie the slight edge over Curry.

bongman likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LeBron is still the best based off of his Finals performance. If Harden can do what he is doing in the regular season in the NBA Finals, then he will have an argument.

16. bongman

bongman Member

I forgot to mention that a lot experts expressed that he should have been finals MVP last year instead of Lebron because of how he destroyed Curry so he is getting a lot of love. He is getting his accolades but it is difficult to get the best pt guard label when you have Lebron on your team.

17. Rocketeer4Life

Everything Drexler says has no credibility based on his telecasts. He is the worst sports commentator out there because of his extreme bias and nonesensical statements. He just keeps on repeating himself and never gives any new or intelligent insights to the game. He seems like a really nice guy without any brains..

18. varughese.arun

Ha... yes yes. I was wrong to say that he is the most underrated player.
    I just think LeBron gets too much props. ha

19. bongman

bongman Member

Yep and the same thing is happening with Curry after Durant joined him. He is no longer mentioned as an MVP candidate even though they have an amazing record.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves a thread of its own