1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is the _ best player in the NBA today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clown Baby, Aug 11, 2017.

?

Harden is the _ best player

1. 1st

79 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. 2nd

44 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. 3rd

98 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. 4th

53 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. 5th

30 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. 6th

9 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. 7th

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  8. 8th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9th

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  10. 10th or Worse

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. rocketseagles07

Harden didn't have a trash team last year... kawhi didn't have a great team last year. Who said anything about giving anybody credit. KD is 7 foot tall and one of the best pure scorers in the history of basketball who can get his shot whenever he wants. I can't stand him or curry.. but what about when he was in okc? Still a top 3 player

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Probably 3rd best behind Lebron and KD. If Harden played both ends he might be the best player.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think another thing that makes Harden even more valuable is that I don't agree with your 28 is his peak age. His game is not build around speed or raw athletic ability. He is one of the few players that still can improve in skill and knowledge and with Harden's type of game it is more important than being a few years younger and slightly faster.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

First learn how to read
    I said harden had an okay not trash cast
    While kawhi had a pretty good not great cast
    And kd had had a superteam around him

Kd is a great scorer but he needed a super 70 win team around him
    While harden is a great scorer and playmaker who can push a bunch of role players to 3rd seed overall in the west behind a super team, a multi star great team, and ahead of a championship and couple more super star teams

What has kd achieved in okc without wb and harden?

What has kd achieved in okc without wb?

#124 vlaurelio, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. threepointshot3

6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Great list. I would switch kawhi and curry

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Lol @Russ

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden is the _ best Defensive player.......

9. rocketseagles07

First I wasn't quoting you directly... second you still didn't mention hardens defense in ANY OF THAT. You all that act like putting harden 5th IN THE LEAGUE is some kind of knock is a joke.

Who guarded Lebron during that series? What has KD done without Westbrook/OKC etc? Hardens been to the conference finals once by himself and Dwight was the best player during that run.

Also the spurs are a multi star team? Kawhi and who? LMA was a ghost once kawhi got hurt. Again you have your opinion fine... but I'm not gonna choose harden who is an incredible player over a 7 ft sf who plays BOTH ENDS and can get his shot whenever he wants

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I would agree with OP. 5th.

Although I think he's much closer to Curry than the media would give him credit for. (I have either Kawhi or Durant over Curry all day).

Also, controversial opinion incoming: Lebron is really close to falling out of the top five. In the past three years he's actually 7th in WS/48 minutes, trailing Curry, Durant, CP3, Kawhi, Harden, and Westbrook, and 5th in total win shares. He gets the benefit of the doubt from me because he's Lebron (and also because no one else has really screamed "this is my league now"), but statistically he has not been the league's best player for a while.

11. vlaurelio

you are a f*n joke to even mention about Harden's defense this year.. pretty sure not a true rockets fan.. and for sure not a knowledgeable NBA fan either

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recovered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

and don't get me started that LMA disappeared against the rockets when Kawhi got injured
    you're now trying to say that Spurs is not a vastly superior team than the Rockets???
    3-1 reg season
    2nd seed over all
    6 more wins
    HCA
    Pops >>>>> MDA
    LMA, Green, Gasol, Parker, Lee, Mills, Simmons, Ginobli, Dedmon >>>>> Ariza, Capela, P Bev, Ego, Williams, Dekker, Harrell, Nene
    total number of rings of Spurs roster including coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rockets

and BTW, so why did the certain "7 ft sf who plays BOTH ENDS and can get his shot whenever he wants" lost 3 straight after a 3 to 1 lead? did he not play both ends? or he can't get is shot whenever? or both
    also with WB, what's the farthest has he took OKC to?

*rocketseagles begins scouring the internetz for videos of Harden not playing defense in 2016-17

#131 vlaurelio, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Lawlruschang and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i prefer the likes of tony allen and andre roberson over james harden. at least they play defense.

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Boom.

Harden haters can taste @SirIvyLeague s nutz

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

15. rocketseagles07

I forgot this is clutchfans where if you say anything negative you're a hater. Harden is worth every penny and is an incredible playmaker. He can be if he wants to be but thus far he's not been a good defender... period

16. rocketseagles07

But I'm not a real rockets fan because I think harden is the 4th/5th best player in the league foh

17. vlaurelio

are you honestly saying that he was not a good defender last year? so if his defense was at par with lebron, are you admitting as well that Lebron and wasn't a good defender las year?

let me know if you've read the statements below and if you don't understnad them or question them I can show you how to look those up

same deflections per game as Westbrook and Rondo more than Lebron, Anthony Davis, Durant
    same loose balls recovered per game as Lebron, Anthony Davis, Draymond Green more than Durant and Klay
    same charges drawn as Lebron, Anthony Davis more than Steph Curry, Butler, George double that of Durant, Kawhi, Westbrook, Klay
    more 2pt shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, George, Westbrook, Butler
    more 3pt shots contested than Lebron, Durant, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook
    more overall shots contested than Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Butler
    same defensive reb % as Lebron slight lower than Durant better than Kawhi, George, Butler, Klay, Curry
    and lastly, similar defensive rating as Lebron, Avery Bradley, Ariza, slight lower than George

18. rocketseagles07

I watch the game... I don't need your stats. On ball he wasn't bad.. off ball he still gets lost very often. I'm not going to go back and forth with you trying to make me look like an idiot for saying he wasn't a good defender last year.

Westbrook is not a good defender by the way. And while you're trying to make me look dumb you're mentioning AVERY F'N BRADLEY in the same sentence as harden in a defensive conversation.. lmaoooo. You have your opinion and I'll continue being and idiot/hater for thinking harden isn't an all world defender and not a top 3 player

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I love Harden, but let's keep it 100, he was still below average defensively last year

he gave more effort, was good at contesting 3 point shooters, had his moments defending the post, and he didn't have as many mental lapses this past season tho

20. vlaurelio

I included Avery because we're talking about defense. you think he's a bad defender as well?

LOL @ back treacking and moving goal posts

you went from a bad defender to not being a "world defender"

what's a "world defender" anyway?

so Lebron and Paul George aren't world defenders then

which superstars are "world defenders" then?