1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden is still a top 5 nba player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, May 11, 2017.

1. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Haha, Haren admits he's a scrub on defense and continues the nonsense but apologists can't see it. I just showed you someone who agrees with me, and it's the no D playing scrub himself.

I guess because your stat-loving analytics friends put too much weight on the steals/rebounds/blocks variables, you think he's "above-average" lol.

"Above average, solid defender James Harden. Who was great at D all year." What a joke.

2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Nah, its just that players of Harden's calibre are hard as **** to come by and we shouldn't throw it all away over a couple bad performances. If you don't think Harden was a worthy MVP candidate, that are 55 wins weren't impressive, and that we should move in a different direction I disagree with you.

Tonight he was awful, one of the worst games I've ever seen in all my years of watching basketball. But that doesn't change my opinion on his entire impressive body of work this season.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

dude we are all emotional and agree harden blew it this series but you are starting to bully other posters and going off the deep end. we are with you dude, we are with you.

do you really think it'd be wise to trade harden?

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Never said it was your point, I was talking about my point.

5. BackdoorHarden

$20 millions a year will do it, Say Ryan Anderson, "I ain't going to play D either, so who cares? LOL"

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Depends what you can get for him and what your expectations are for the team.

If your expectations are a championship, I think it would be wise to exercise the option of getting rid of him, as I don't know how well he would co-exist with another ball-dominant superstar.

What do you think?

And defending my position in a disagreement is "bullying" because I'm winning? Sorry for not being delusional about Harden's defense...

7. BackdoorHarden

Durant know whats what. Got away from Harden and WB

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They voted him MVP though, that's more than lip service.

As for Durant, that's not even fair. It was to become a super team and play with Curry, Draymond, Klay...or go to Houston and play with Harden and....who else? No one had this team being the 3rd seed in the west.

9. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

And went to a winning franchise that focused on team play in the process. Smart man indeed.

10. Daddy Long Legs

I think that we keep him. I mean how else do we get a championship level superstar? I think there is a higher chance of another star joining us next to harden in free agency then there is of us tanking and finding that guy. Worst case scenario is harden gets injured and we lose a ton so we get a high draft pick anyway.

I just think holding on to harden is the way to go still. NBA history is full with stories of guys who couldn't get it done until they do. I mean it's not like we can trade him for lebron. What is the better scenario? do you really want to be bored for 5 years and tank to get guys who might not be as good as harden?

We are relevant right now. We are in the mix. It's morey's turn to try to do something

11. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Build around him? Who the F would want to come play with him after what we just witnessed at the end of Game 5 and all of 6? I just think all the good will and momentum he helped build over the year was thrown out the window. We're back to post Dwight James having to prove himself again. In the words of Dubya, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, you don't get fooled again

12. Daddy Long Legs

lol no. Let's not start justifying durant's frontrunner decision. let's be real. durant is capable of winning a chip next to westbrook or harden. in fact the 3 of them together almost got it done :)

13. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I don't think Morey is the person to make this happen either... he does not have any concern for anything that does not come out of his solid-state drives.

NBA history is waaaaaaaay more full of guys who were always gritty competitors continually getting it done too. I don't get the idea of using outliers to set policy.

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You're bullying me.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His team finished better than how many teams in the NBA?

Don't undersell this team. Butler and the Bulls sitting at home. Hayward was just swept by the Warriors. Milsap has to deal with Howard. Paul George's team was punked by the Cavs. All these players would be improving their situation coming here, no?

16. macho87

macho87 Member

Top 5 regular season player. Do something when it matters

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

All-stars can earn $20mm anywhere. Why put themselves in a situation where they have to cover for someone defensively?

Also, we acquired for Anderson b/c we specifically wanted a stretch 4.

18. Daddy Long Legs

he may not be. I'm not arguing that these guys are the best or being a super homer. I'm simply stating my belief that what we have is better than any alternative that I can think of. I would definitely change my position if a better alternative presents itself.

as of right now, I think morey, harden, dantoni are our best bets. I'm very comfortable with trading either lou, eric, or ryan for cap space to find another star

19. BackdoorHarden

Yup. Durant and Lebron know what's what.

LBJ knew he couldn't win with that crap team in Cleveland, left for Heats.
    He knew Wade and Bosh were done, left for Da Land and demanded better players and got them
    KD knew he wasn't going to win with WB or joining Harden(again).

The great players ain't dumb. They want to win. They will scream at their teammates if they don't give effort. Look at Lebron yelling at everyone.

KD yelled at Curry in the Jazz game when Curry blame a Defensive assignment. Greatness demand greatness.

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  20. Zergling

Zergling Member

James Harden is the best offensive player in the entire league. He led the league in WAR. He lead the league in points created from himself + assists. He deserved MVP, flaws and all.

5 terrible, terrible quarters + an overtime shouldn't destroy a narrative that was successfully established over 91 games.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.