1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is still a top 5 nba player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, May 11, 2017.

1. Mr. Space City

it's sarcasm.

blowing a 28-3 lead in the super bowl is nothing to be proud of.

2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I just don't get this ****. Ask anyone three years ago is CP3 a top 5 player in the league "absolutely, no doubt. Best point guard in the league" while he hasn't ever gotten to the conference finals with extremely talented teams. Harden has been there, and while he is prone to some post-season collapses he's mixed it in with some brilliant performances. Really didn't think I'd spend tonight defending Harden after this atrocity, but I forgot how narrow-minded Clutchfans can be.

Tomstro and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Harden is without any doubt a top 5 player this year. If anyone claims otherwise tell us who should be over him and why.

Now, maybe next year he isn't top 5 anymore but for this year there's no question.

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

Huge difference....

NE won that game.

Harden went out like a true b**** and SOLIDIFIED his legacy in the NBA.

Put that **** on full display.

Great player, flips the switch on and off and quits/pouts when he's not getting his way.

Oh and doesn't care when called on it....

No excuses and no defending that bullshit.

But fugg it, he got his paycheck, he good.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

More personal insults because that's really all you can do, and brag about how you played in your 20s so that makes you right!

Learn 2 read bro. I never compared Harden to Jordan.

Learn 2 English bro, just because you put two players in the same sentence doesn't mean you're comparing them. Were you still learning basic comprehension skills in your 20s too?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

What does this even mean? Do you want me to go around the streets asking people "is Harden a good defender?"

7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Currys defense is terrible and they surround him with elite defensive players too

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems likely he'll come back Top 5 because every time Clutchfans wants Harden crucified and burned at the stake he puts together an MVP season

jordnnnn, Daddy Long Legs and malakas like this.
  9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Sorry man, I've come to the conclusion that he played in his 20's and you didn't so your opinion is therefor invalid.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Solid defense in the post? He gave up at least 6 inches in height. That strategy was destined to fail. It says a lot about his defense that we'd rather have Harden guard Aldridge than one of the Spurs wing players.

OKC is a bad team. It shouldn't have surprised anyone that we beat them. And we won 55 games because there are a lot of bad teams in the league. In the playoffs is where weaknesses get exposed.

11. BackdoorHarden

As we have always said, Harden is a Top 5 Players. He still is.

IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

He's crap when the game counts

Tomstro likes this.
  12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I just said I know what defense looks like and don't need ESPN to tell me about it. And you accuse me of ad hominem by going ad hominem? Meltdown more snowflake.

Back to Harden and Jordan though...

13. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Read my posts dude... Show me one person who played or coached in the NBA who has said that Harden even does an "average" job on defense. Please show me one person.

You keep repeating that he has played "solid" and "above-average" so it should be pretty easy to find one person to agree with you, right?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sure Falcons fans don't want to hear that either, but the truth .they had a great season.

Rockets had a great season, better than anyone expected. Sucks to end the way it did but it doesn't wipe away all the success they had.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

A lot of respect was lost regarding James Harden the city of Houston won't forget. What he does during season play is irrelevant now and forever until he shows up big in the playoffs.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Did you listen to the broadcasts in our game? Seems like I couldn't go 5 minutes without hearing Reggie Miller ooze about Harden's terrific post-defense.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Did you just put Harden and Jordan in the same sentence? Why are you comparing them though?

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah, they're pretty much the exact same. Am I doing this right?

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He was crap tonight and in over time tuesday. But Im not a fan of blanket statements and generilizations like "he is crap when the game counts"

Im gonna leave the door open to future opportunities. We are all emotional and dissapointed but we will all be back (at least true fans) rooting this guy on next year.

You never know when we will get another piece and harden will mature more.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No matter how much you want that to be true, it's not.

And no, the Warriors didn't intentionally surround Curry with elite defensive players. It just so happened that Green and Thompson evolved into plus defenders.

On the other hand, the Rockets actively sought out defensive players to compensate for Harden.