1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is due for a BIG game in game 6!! Redemption coming.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 25, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

CP3: "James, you know how you're alive right now? Well, Ima KILL YOU if you don't take over this team next game."

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CP like:

[​IMG]

3. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

4. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

With CP3 hurt, it's going to take a monumental offensive effort from Harden (with the support of the swarming, suffocating D we've been playing all series) for us to win one of the next two games. I typically hate when people say nonsense like, "This is a referendum on James Harden," but in this case I think it's an appropriate sentiment. We've seen the highest of highs, when James looks like the greatest offensive player in the world; and the lowest of the lows, when his decision-making and effort confound and frustrate us like no other player's could. I'm as glad as anyone he's playing remarkable defense and finding other ways to contribute. But whether he's fatigued or just in his own head, he's clearly in a shooting slump right now.

This is obviously the best chance we've had in this era to win the Championship, and there's unfortunately no guarantee we'll be back here again. Half of our core is up for new deals this summer, so it's not even a certainty that we'll be rolling with this same crew next season. Given the circumstances, this is the most important stretch of Harden's career. Can he overcome adversity and meet his full potential when the team needs it most? Or will he shrink from the moment and have another lackluster showing? Fortunately, he'll have two chances to put together a legendary performance and get us over the hump.

I wish I could say I have total faith in him. My heart thinks he'll do it, but my head is less sure. CP3 has arguably been the heart and soul of the team through these playoffs. He's shown a fire and intensity at the most crucial moments and has simply refused to let us lose at those times, and I'm not certain Harden can take over that role. But whatever happens, the outcome of this series and the Beard's role in it will likely define his legacy.

In other words... ROCKETS IN 7.

topfive likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That would be epic if he told him that lol.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Love this

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

9. FTW Rockets FTW

We (not you) got this swyyy

You mad bro?

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Needs to lead them like Aragorn led in Return of the King.
    [​IMG]

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Agree completely. The last couple of games, I've been hearing "Harden needs to have an MVP game for us to have a shot." It turns out we can beat these guys with him having a good defensive game and a decent (for him) offensive one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see that being the case for Game 6 with CP3 out. I think we'll truly need that MVP game.

If he's legendary enough (or if the team steps up together), he won't even need that second chance. The Warriors are on their heels now and we've totally taken them out of their game. They can be had, even at Whoracle Arena.

ElDobleK likes this.
  12. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Brotherhood. Keep it going, for Chris, Sante Fe, Houston, eachother. Lets f***ing go!

Lawlruschang and s3ts like this.
  13. FTW Rockets FTW

Snow Villiers likes this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Repent non-believers!

Lawlruschang likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kinda shtty, situation for harden if u ask me. He could play his balls out and still get smash (game 1 anyone?)

He will b labeled a choker for not finishing off the warriors. His team rotation is sht, he has to play offense and defense to win without his second best player in enemy territory. All I'm saying is if he plays like a God and loses = choker, loses bc missing cp3 = choker, wins = lucky, Iggy was injured. But if he does pull it off, he will be a fking legend to us rocket fans.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BonziWellsGOAT, whozee and topfive like this.
  17. gogispade

gogispade Member

AMEN! LETS GO JIMMY TAKE US TO PROMISE LAND!

Ramo$e, Lawlruschang and topfive like this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Him and the rest of crew. He needs to get 40 and the rest need to chip in as well.

Rudyc281 and topfive like this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

And for the record, I want a win TOMORROW. I want us to step on their d!cks on their home court, then grab them by the necks and choke the life out of these arrogant chumps.

I want to turn the Greatest Team in NBA Historyâ„¢ into the Most Disappointing Failed Dynasty in NBA History.

Attack, Ninja Beard! NO QUARTER!

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The rockets have a chance to do something we haven't ever seen done before. All throughout the past couple of years we've heard how the warriors are gods among men. The warriors were so prolific we had to go out and get a god of our own in the Point Gawd. Now he's hurting and James Harden is on the presavice of something great. While some might say Harden is a god on his own, the truth of the matter is, he can be something greater, a titan. While that word maybe hold some I'll feelings in the city of Houston no title has been more apt. Can Harden finally become a titan and take down these gods of basketball? This is why we watch and this is why they play. James, this could be your legacy.