1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is back, will start, was pretty sick ... not fake flu symptoms

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 5, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden to start. Says he couldn't move or speak much for a few days....shaking with the chills.

Seems to say wrist is somewhat the same "is what it is."

Harden was out with flu symptoms on Sunday in Phoenix, returning home from the road trip early. Though he said he felt much better and will play against the Nuggets on Wednesday, his time away was not as relaxing as for other stars that sit out late in the season with the playoffs approaching.

"I don't know if you'd call it rested," Harden said. "I couldn't move. I couldn't really speak. That's over with for the most part. I'm back here with my teammates and get back to having fun.​

"I wouldn't call them (days) off, though. My body was shaking, just the chills. It wasn't good. I'm happy to be OK and be able to move and get back here."​

If nothing else, the days away took Harden's sore wrist out of harm's way. He had little to share about the condition of the wrist, but likely could not say much, having not tested its progress with a fall or even defending an opponent since last Friday.

In the three games after re-aggravating the wrist injury with a fall in the final minute against Oklahoma City, Harden made 5 of 31 3-pointers.

"The wrist is what it is," Harden said. "I'm just happy to be back on the court."​

Ramo$e, Stormy1234, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  2. heypartner

Oh, and for those who don't look in the Game Thread for status, Troy to start. Gordon back to bench. Ariza at PF

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If I'm reading this correctly, he's taken 31 threes in 3 games shooting 16%? HARDEN, CHILL BRO.

Reeko likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'm not feeling too good about his wrist injury...we'll see how he shoots the ball tonight, but ever since he aggravated it against OKC his shots haven't even been close...it seemed like all of them were long and offline

5. napalm06

He's also missed quite a few shots at the rim that he normally finishes. I have a bad feeling about the playoffs..

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Let's see...flu like symptoms on a Sunday game following a Saturday night in his prior ASU digs with his ASU buddies...yeah I wouldn't be able to move either.

javal_lon and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

from not being able to move or speak to starting a basketball game in less than 72 hours?

He must be on that Christopher Reeve babe stem sells type medicine.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I really like this lineup. Even though it was against the Suns, teams are going to have to respect Troy's 3 in the near future enough to not totally clog the lane. Troy also gives this lineup everything they were going for when they used to start Brew over EGo, with a little better passing, and hopefully less fumble-turnovers.

Troy guarded both LeBron and Draymond for the Grizzlies, he won't even have to do that with Ariza there to take the main cover.

:)

9. heypartner

nah, that would be true if Troy was playing SG. This lineup is just trying to achieve finding another Ariza-type SF.

Brew and EGo starting early was as SG, because Beverley was out for the first 3 weeks. Here, we are merely trying to see if Troy can become a 3&D backup to Ariza, so we don't have to run as much 3-guards in certain match-ups. We are just swapping Harden for EGo (and Ariza back to Ryno backup), from what we did against PHO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

James needs to her careful with the hoodrats.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

THANK YOU! Gordon is not a good starter. MDA should have never took him off the bench in the first place.

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Keep your "bad feelings" to yourself. He will be fine.

ajc123 likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Take some time off and heal. This team is good even without you. Can't let the fans know that.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. napalm06

Got some evidence to reinforce your cockiness?

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Harden needs to play well or sit. I'm not taking well to this stubborn stupidity of playing hurt with 5 games to go and our seed locked up.

Stormy1234 and AirBud#10 like this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im somwhere between you and @Ramo$e on this one. I like ramo$e mentality and optimism but...

Having gone through sprained wrists myself from skateboarding..... I dont feel good about it. Could be weeks or months. We dont know how bad he is. Definitely concerned but harden is a badass and a fighter. He also has way stronger hands, ligaments, tendons than me

napalm06 and Ramo$e like this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Yes, tune in to Root Sports tonight @7.

#RedNation

Seriously though, dont worry he will be fine. I haven't heard nothing about a MRI or anything that suggests its more than a mild sprain. If it was that bad I would hope Rockets wouldn't let him play.

18. heypartner

One way to look at it is that it isn't "stubborn stupidity" if everyone agrees that we need to give Troy a good look, because we sure could use another wing defender to backup Ariza. The best way to give Troy a good look is to roll him out there with Harden, since Harden runs the system the best and at a great teaching pace. I definitely subscribe to the theory that the quickest way for someone to come up to speed and be assessed by Coach is to roll him out there with the 1st Team PG, especially in an MDA system.

And MDA apparently told Feigen the same thing:

Stormy1234, DonKnock and Ramo$e like this.
  19. napalm06

I definitely hope that you're right. And I will be tuning in!

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Definitely expecting a minutes limit tonight....not for wrists, for flu recovery. We've all had the flu I'm assuming so sparing the gory details I'd find it wise to make sure he's not overtaxed, dehydrated especially. I had a flu bug a month ago and I think the first couple days feeling better I was like HEY WHY DONT I GO SWEAT A BUNCH?

Nah just kidding. I was in full on hermit, sit still recovery mode.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.