1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is averaging 4.7mpg less after Brewer, Ariza 7mpg less

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by baubo, Jan 13, 2015.

1. baubo

baubo Member

Harden 37.8mpg, 41.5%/26.3ppg shooting before Brewer
    Harden 33.1mpg, 50.7%/28.2ppg shooting after Brewer
    Harden's scoring more in less minutes now, on much higher efficiency

Ariza 38.5mpg, 33.7% 3pt shooting before Brewer
    Ariza 31.5mpg, 29.7% 3pt shooting after Brewer
    Ariza's also showing signs of coming out of his 3pt shooting slump.

I think this might be the first time we've actually had a wing player McHale is willing to give up Harden minutes to.

4 people like this.
  2. PeppermintCandy

Very good to see. If this trend continues, it will pay dividends come playoffs.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I keep saying it. Brewer was a fantastic pickup. That bench is becoming a strength for the team which is a huge turnaround from earlier in the season where you'd pray that they could hold a lead until Harden came back in.

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Brewer has not only been one of the Rockets' best per-minute players since he arrived, and has not only given some much needed rest to the starters, but you can tell from body language that his teammates really like playing with someone who pushes the pace and hustles like that.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

And last season, when you knew they couldn't...

6. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

lol dude u probably just jinxed ariza. i was hoping no one would talk about his shots the last 3 or 4 games. but yeah hopefully ariza can shoot like he's been shooting the last couple games

7. Lando

Lando Member

The Gray Hound !

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I could be wrong but it looks like more of Ariza's 3s are coming in the corners where we knew he was awesome. that's a good way to bust out of the slump (hopefully).

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm glad that Morey is finally adding some mid-level talent to round out the team.

10. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Thank you milkhair for adjusting.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Money finally found his back up wing to help dispel the minutes of his starting SG/SF. Finally! Had hopes for Hamilton, but Brewer has been amazing! Hope we keep him haha

12. bongman

bongman Member

He certainly gets some credit for it but not necessary all of it. Lately, we have been putting teams away early so our starters don't have to play in the fourth.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I know many of us(including myself) were begging him to do this after the Bosh/Melo swing and a miss. Stop with the big name superstar pursuit. Get quality depth at each position and put together the best TEAM you can.

Obviously they still need another playmaker in the backcourt, but there's no reason to sacrifice a bunch of role players in the process.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It helps that when the starters put them 20 points up, James doesn't get called up for cleanup duty when it goes under 10 by the 3rd minute of the 4th, although to be fair the bench wasn't really that bad before the injuries started hitting us, that was more a function of letting jeremy lin have the ball for 3 minutes.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I really believe it's the extra rest for him. Remember when Dwight was hurt and you could see Harden was tired after carrying us to another win?

16. bmd

bmd Member

This is good news.

I've actually been feeling confident when the bench comes in. I feel like they can play nearly as well as the starters.

I feel as if the depth can wear other teams out as the game progresses. Lesser teams don't have the depth to keep up.

17. bongman

bongman Member

During this 4 game win streak, we average about 107 ppg and limiting opponents to 96 ppg (could have been lower if not for garbage time). Good trends overall.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden is a boss, best player in the league, he's playing at a historical level and if he keeps it up and can lead us deep this year, whoa!!! Move over KD and Lebrob.

This guy is incredible and it's been such a pleasure to watch him play in my favorite teams uniform.

19. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Fantastic news, it's going to pay off huge.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is great news. Brewer's effect on the team has been everything we could have expected.