1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden : I am here for Silver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

By now "freedom of speech" has been replaced by the official NBA position of "All you coaches and players are entitled to your own opinions, but for the good of the league, here's how you should answer questions about China."

#41 topfive, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Yung-T likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It would cost money to hire PR

Nook likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like pie.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's fine, but it's also understandable that one might expect Steve Kerr to honor what his father died for. I don't know the story, but if my dad died for free speech and I chose not to speak for freedom of speech afterwards.. I'd feel hollow inside.

Yung-T and Deuce like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden should have learned from CP3 and said, "Uh, I don't know anything about this."

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah but it's Steve Kerr. Come on. I'm ok with his comment @Nook

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm quite surprised he said this. Harden is easily Adidas' top athlete in China. He's really big part of their marketing campaign there. I honestly didn't expect him to really speak up in support of Silver when he clearly look like he doesn't have an opinion on this whole issue in general.

I am proud of what he did, even if this will probably hurt his wallet quite a bit.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will Harden continue to be here for Silver when he realizes how much gold is at stake?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Harden is only doing this because he owes Silver a favor. Silver was like "James, I made your move, that's clearly a travel, not a travel, you owe me! I even had the league attack Curry for you."

Silver had him by the beards.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Steve Kerr has always been a fraud. So his wishy washy words are unsurprising. Compare that with Popovich's comments.

People need to stop associating Kerr with Popovich. There are differences.

Pizza_Da_Hut and Nook like this.
  11. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Cp3 is smart

I don't how no nothing is a great answer

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Kerr regurgitates the California bubble of things. As a person who has views that mirror some of that, I don't mind when he does, but he does it with no fear of consequence. To say something now, especially when Disney is breathing down the necks of the NBA, would take courage. That's not a trait I find that Kerr has.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I wonder if he read all the comments on CFs about the Chinese j*zz in his beard.

14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

2020 Champs confirmed.