1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden frustrated and mad after game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jan 17, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We have $80M in salary injured right now. That is unprecedented in NBA history. I doubt Harden is holding that against Morey, aside from Chris Paul making $35M, which we don't know Harden's opinion on.

D-rock likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's really almost laughable when you think about it for everyone to be arguing over James being frustrated and mad after a game. I've had lots of frustrating and bad days on the job, but they would all be worth it if that job paid me hundreds of millions in endorsements and salary.

I feel more sorry for us Houston fans than for James. After all, many of us old timers have had our hopes and dreams shattered for 24 years straight with this team. We have endured years of pain and frustration, dating back to when James was only 5 years old. We all want to win so bad, and right now the frustration and fear of our chances slipping away caused a lot of us to say crazy stuff and start pointing fingers. Ahhhh, the joy of sports.

#162 deb4rockets, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    payaso likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously dude? Stop asking this. This is the last time I tell you this. I am talking percentages from behind the arc. Nobody has a higher percentage than Rivers for the 4 games we lost. He averaged .454 on the four games we lost. That is great and not bad. Yes, you are right, Gordon got hurt last night. I watched the game. That's how I know this. I also watched him make half his shots from behind the arc. That is .500, which is great 3 pt shooting. Im not explaining or debating this with you any more.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

If Chriss can’t stop zubac, Lakers can win saturday

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chriss dont need to be playing in nba gamesm

J Sizzle, Vivi, payaso and 1 other person like this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

There are ways for the Rockets to improve without offering a first-round pick. Also, if the Rockets acquired someone like Kent Bazemore or Courtney Lee using Brandin Knight’s contract, they would both be under contract through next season.

joshuaao likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This.

The “wasting a year of Harden’s prime” talk doesn’t really make sense.

What team out there is equipped to lose the salary and importance of players we have and still just go on like nothing has happened?

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Morey rode into the season without a backup Center and he let House slip through his fingers. Morey just isnt Morey anymore. Maybe time for a new GM? I mean lack of depth and overpaying paul will ruin Harden's prime and he should be mad.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

mauri went from an owner not willing to tank to an even worse owner who is broke.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Love it. He should be angry. No need to keep up appearances.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Your looking at a guy who is on gas level: Empty. If Harden never wins a championship with the Rockets, I still have him up #1 as my all-time Rockets and I'm an old-timer. I don't know how he has energy game-after game, he is just a 1 man wrecking crew. The Rockets record is truly because of him, you look at other teams with multi All-Stars. Rockets will only have 1 going to the All-Star game this year, a true 1. Do you want a championship like the Spurs with K.Leonard, or do you want a player who is giving it all night-in and night-out? He may have stunk against the Spurs in the playoffs a few seasons ago, but I think he learned from it. A true baller, I'm going to enjoy it for the rest of the season win, or lose.

Grizzlyshark and payaso like this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Isn’t it shocking that people continuously refuse to acknowledge this after it being pointed out time and time again?

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You forget who the coach is...

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Sorry but you are wrong here DD. The ONLY chance they have is for Harden to play 40+ mins and score 40 - 50 points. MDA's system is not about defense - it's predicated on outscoring the other team. As the injuries have piled up, it's beome more and more ISO heavy with Harden dominating the ball in order to score. To blame Harden for not being Hakeem is a false argument because the two are very different players playing in two different eras of basketball. There is plenty of blame to go around but in my view it all starts at the top with MDA and DM.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. Harden was down after the Nets loss, but watching the post game interview scrum, you could tell he was down and frustrated. When a question about "Eric Gordon being back" came up, Harden said "yeah good that he is back but then out again" or something like that. He is frustrated.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

the Nets play almost the same way we do. just got to play the game out right to the last second

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

injury prone who couldn't make lay ups when he came back towards the end of the season

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. threepointshot3

Funny how after Hardens rare show of public frustration Morey straight away signs Faried?

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

harden is the reigning MVP. he needs to pull the same stuff lebron did to the cavs and demand spending. he has the leverage to do so.

elmotsangtt and hakeem94 like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yep, last season even uber-cheap dan gilbert agreed to take on a ton of longterm salary in the fakers trade in order to support lebron's mvp level season. and this even with the knowledge that lebron was for sure bolting to another team as soon as the season was over!

harden needs to smack tillman/morey

hakeem94 likes this.