1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Someone should tweet back to Charles Parsons:

"Oh you mean Chandler 'I'm the best SF in this series' Parsons and then proceeds to be shown up by Batum haha"

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Parsons know Rockets replaced him with Ariza who everyone acknowledges plays better defense. Then he thought Howard would miss him, but publicly Howard said we'll be fine even without him.

Parsons went from a line-up with Howard and Harden to a line-up of Dirk, Ellis, Felton, and Tyson. Truth is he's now feeling the pressure of being the max guy LMAO. Dude, be careful what you wish for.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Some posters have noted and I fully agree that Morey's biggest mistake was not trading Parsons and fillers for someone like Millsap. IMO, Atlanta would have jumped at that opportunity feet first. We are not privy to a lot of information, but Morey should have seen trouble brewing the Rockets way the moment Parsons hired that devil agent.

Just think of what we could have gotten for Parsons and you guys are going to feel sick to the stomach. Still, Ariza is a very nice replacement for Parsons. I was never an Ariza hater, so I really hope he is able to help us get over the hump.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Chandler Parsons is dead to me....his brothers are annoying AF on twitter..do these guys really think he's gonna be a star?.. the signs of a true role player is inconsistency and that Parsons ******* is every bit of inconsistent.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This whole thread is full of whiners like you who can't accept the fact that Lin and parsons and harden is a star

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The problem is that if we had traded parsons last year for one of those guys. we would not have had cap space to pursue one of the max guys this offseason. Ofcourse if we hadn't made him a RFA, we could have traded him this year. But I expect that Morey really wanted to keep him, so he would rather have one of the max guys and parsons over one of the max guys and another player (who we traded parsons for).

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Why bother quoting someone when you completely ignore everytging they say? when the hell did i compare harden to parsons? Are you an effing idiot that you cant even read the part about me calling him the best guard in the league? Stop being a moron and throwing in these strawman arguments.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Rep...

9. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Because message boards are no different than elementary school playgrounds except you have Middle Aged children who never grew up. But I do have a sneaking suspicion that most of the bad posters on this board are actually underaged because they exhibit immature tendencies.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

What a freakshow of lack of self-confidence, letting people control your emotions and coming off as a twittering teenage gossiping girl which is 100% perfect for a Dallas resident. Perfect.

The whole Parson family doesn't seem to have the confidence to not act out like in high school for some "perceived" slight. b**** you are a millionaire, can you quit crying and being defensive like a baby? Man the hell up Chandler, if you had came out and said "that **** doesn't bother don't care" that's what a grown up self confident millionare does.

Crying like a b**** is what a Dallas Cubanite does. Letting someone control your thoughts and emotions is what Cuban does.

11. Joshfast

Supporting Member

Another thing - Dwight and Harden should keep posting crap about Chandler on twitter so he rolls up into the fetal position and sobs uncontrollably while trying to come up with witty twitter comebacks all summer instead of training.

Chandler's thoughts and emotions are so obviously completely dominated by Harden/Dwight.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

He deleted the entitled b**** tweet. I wanted to reply, well you're the entitled b**** riding on your brothers jock for 5 mins of twitter fame.

13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

im a harden fan - just saying.

i used to be more sensitive about his lack of PR polish, but it's not in him. really we don't need him to be shane battier in interviews, we need his skills on the perimeter.

morey and crew know this by now - and that's why they brought in a guy like ariza - who i think will have a huge impact on this team.

14. Joshfast

Supporting Member

The whole family is weak. They probably have Google Alerts set up to find ANY PERCEIVED SLIGHT on Parson over the internet so they can get all defensive and start the whining/crying twittering process.

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

I aint mad at Parsons for getting his money but he needs to stop acting like an angel. He started this and the reactions that Howard and Harden provided are in line with what they should be.
    1. Parsons signs on the very first day possible knowing that everyone was still waiting for the Lebron conclusion leaving Rockets with a short window with no guarantees of getting a high profile signing. You could have waited and gotten paid. If not with dallas with someone else. There is no questions you would have gotten overpaid even by Charlotte. You decided you didnt care about improving Rockets and made it all about you. Quit acting like you didnt expect Rockets not to match.
    2. Takes selfies on the club like him and dallas are all buddy buddy. Does he not care about the rivalry with Dallas. Be humble son that Rockets allowed you to get paid a year earlier than they needed 2.
    3. Admits his douche-bag agent made it very hard for Rockets to Match. You know damn well Chandler that we needed to beef up our bench to get further in playoffs. Do you not care for a championship? You said **** you to that why because you knew what you wanted already..you wanted Dallas money so you can go hang out with the college girls in Uptown.

He disrespected Houston and Houston superstars did what they should have done. Said Houston doesnt need him and that Chandler is just a role player. Nothing wrong with what James and Dwight did.

Now Chandler can go suck up to Mark, be overpaid, and suck up to Carlisle. Im fine with all that. Just stop acting like your an angel because you disrespected Houston. #EntitledBitch

16. rocketshopeful

other than him playing for "the Enemy" (dallas is close to reaching Utah status, for me at least), I don't think its valid to completely dismiss Chandler Parson's taking the next step forward.

In fact, defense was pretty much an entire team problem with the exception of howard in the playoffs. How much of chandler's poor defensive play a symptom of an overall team issue as opposed to an issue Chandler himself? I recall him playing solid defense in his rookie year, so at least he is capable. Same can't be said for Harden (strictly defensively).

In summary, I dont think its unlikley defensive ability and takes another step offensively (namely being more consistent. And that is a borderline all-star player. Maybe not as good or valuable as harden ulltimately, but close. Certainly, more than just a role player.

17. rocketshopeful

err fixed.

18. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Harden should've just kept quiet. Let his game do the talking. Hopefully he improves his defense as well.

As for Parsons, good for him for cashing in. He was underpaid with us but we sure as hell know that he's overpaid there. Cuban's ROI will be minimal especially in the playoffs. Here's hoping we meet the Mavs sooner than later.

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]