1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Westbrook need to switch rotation order

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shocky2002, Nov 24, 2019.

1. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Harden, not Russ, should be the first guy to take a rest for Rivers at the 6 minute mark. Russ's minutes would then be matched up with House and Tucker as much as possible. Then Harden checks back in at 2 minute mark; the bench lineup would be Harden-Rivers-Mc-Thabo-Chandler.

It'd be great if Russ could shoot but he can't-- you just have to NOT put him out there with Rivers Mclemore and Thabo at the same time.

Also this is where Gordon is desperately needed. If the non-Harden lineup is Russ-Gordon-House-Tucker-Center, they're winning those minutes. Anything else and it's a minus.

D-rock, mike2k132, bro2044 and 6 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wouldn’t mind this. The current Russ-only lineups haven’t been working. MDA needs to start playing Clemons and Hart as well. I’ve never been high on Hart, but he at least brings energy, and he has actually been producing a little bit. McLemore is bricking too many WIDE OPEN threes. How does your jumper look so good, but the results are so bad? Sure Clemons is undersized, but he’s a shot maker, and McLemore’s defense isn’t good enough to use that as a justification for getting PT over him.

Unfortunately, I doubt we’ll see any real changes. The team will believe that if they just make shots, then what hasn’t been working will sort itself out. That seems to be their plan for everything whether it comes to lineups or even stuff like combating the play from behind defense of Milwaukee and Utah which has clearly been able to slow down Harden, and as a result, the rest of the team.

D-rock, slothy420, JW86 and 5 others like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just you saying that makes me want to scream "THIS IS WHAT FRUSTRATES ME SO DAMN MUCH ABOUT MDA!!!!"

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in other words move Harden to the second unit? :p deserves its own thread

5. rockets13champs

I agree with u

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

jboslett and heypartner like this.
  7. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am seeing the same thing as well. Russ doesn't need the CP3 model for going to the bench. It looks like just at the point he is getting into the game he has to go to the bench.

hakeem94 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  8. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

PWR, hakeem94, xtruroyaltyx and 2 others like this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

u been reading my posts lol

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member