1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Howard's box score

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Jan 27, 2016.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Using basketball references "player game finder" feature where you can look up the stats on a player in a game and see how many times it has been duplicated since the 1982-1984 season.

Harden's game against the Pistons with 33 points, 17 rebounds, and 14 assists has not been done a single time since 1983.

While Howard's game against the Clippers with 36 points, 26 rebounds, and 4 assists has been done one other time. Which was by Chris Webber 51 points, 26 rebounds, and 5 assists was the other one. Of interest this was also a single overtime game, and Webber had 47 field goal attempts to Howard's 16 attempts.

Here is the link for Howard and Webber's games. http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_day=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=36&c2stat=trb&c2comp=gt&c2val=26&c3stat=ast&c3comp=gt&c3val=4&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

is that the one where webber took like 45 shots to get 50pts?

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Those were both incredible games. What strikes me about these two is how rare it is for both of them to have a big night in the same game.

Sure, it doesn't happen very much with any other two players, but I feel like it's especially rare with them maybe?

I feel like we need to double or triple the number of pick and rolls between them, and Harden needs to improve his use of screens. I feel like he's not sharp when using them.

These are easy points for us, theoretically this should be almost impossible to guard, right?

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I was sitting two rows up in Harden's big game and received Ty Lawsons headband after the game:p

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: you don't even have to use Assists for Howard/Webber. They are the only with 36/26 or above. Surprised Barkley never did that.

Love is the only 30/30 player.

Shaq is the only 60/20

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, it was 47 (he already said that :cool: )

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

also, Elias Sports has already said that Harden's triple double was only matched by Wilt, throughout all history. Right? So, you don't need the 1983 disclaimer that limits B-R.com

8. eslate22

eslate22 Member

the only team that has two stars that put up guady numbers in the same game all the time is okc with Durant and Westbrook

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

oh it says 47 in op. 50pts is nice but on 45+ shots.. they should've let some other guys shoot. i remember on inside the nba kenny was raggin on him for that.