1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden 895 assist this season compared to K. Leonard 901 assists for his career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

People saying if it's about wins give MVP to Leonard. I'm looking at this fact. If Harden gets 7 assists tonight he would have more assists this season than K. Leonard has for his entire career. WOW!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Incredible, now let's compare defense.

DD

Caesar likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Leonard has Parker and guards lol

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Different players with different roles so you can't use Assists as a comparison for MVP.

This is some Skip Brainless, Chris "sauces" Brousstard level of thinking. Unimpressive.

kjayp likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lebron has Kryrie and DWill

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you look at all the Spurs championships....Defense was always better than Offense and Offense was Top 8 always.

Team Assists is average. It used to be Parker, Mills, Hill, Ginobili sharing the rock. Some are gone or old.

They do not rebound that much without Duncan.

#6 daywalker02, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lets compare team defense and team philosophy.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the argument is that Harden is so far and above what Kawhi is on offense.

A lot of Kawhi-MVP people say "His offense compares to that of Westbrook and Harden." and no, no it doesn't. It's not even really close.

Kawhi is leagues better defensively than Harden (And most of the league honestly) but Harden is leagues better than Kawhi on offense.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Regardless of comparisons to Harden, I do find it very interesting that if Kashi wins the MVP, he would have the lowest Assists Per Game of any player in history who wasn't a Center. PFs included. I'm talking just a few Centers had less. And Hakeem isn't one of them. Hell, Nowitzki had as many assists as Kawaii

Deckard likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good point give MVP to the team of the Spurs.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What's crazy is people saying Harden benefits from Dantoni like Dantoni has championships like Pop. Dantoni hasn't even coached a team to a finals appearance. You will never hear Leonard is benefitting anything off the coaching of Pop but he has like 4 championship and players in his system have left and looked worse on other teams.

Zboy likes this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Haha, but the defense is not a good comparison, Kawhi just has bigger hands and longer arms nothing James can do about that. I say overall game. Looks like overall Harden is better at offense and assisting while Kawhi is denfense and some offense. Hardens defense isn't bad, but its not as elites as Kawhi's. Usually when a good player lacks they make up for it in other way. Only 901 assist for the career is not bad at all but it just shows you how great of a player Harden really is to get 895 in a season and how he pretty much is deferring for the betterment of the team.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Incredibly lazy post.

Here's another one.

Killatron 2000, KingCheetah and Zboy like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In terms of scoring Kawhi caught up - I guess 26 ppg is really close.

I won't say leagues better because Kawhi's job is not running the team, he is a friggin Small Forward.

I would say he is just ordinarily better than Kawhi on Offense.

The Spurs run a system in which everyone is involved and asked to pass.

Harden improved his rebounding, but rebounding can fall under Defense and Offense.

The Usage Rate: 1st Russell 2nd Harden 3rd Kawhi - Somewhere down the line is Lebron

This will make Stats look better but Kawhi has time to rest up for the playoffs actually.

OKC and Rox use alot more possessions than Spurs I would imagine.

#14 daywalker02, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Morey has really left his mark on the fans here, what's with the number obsession?? Who cares about averages, triple-doubles etc. I care about wins and entertaining games and isn't that what it's all about?

napalm06 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden averages 7 defensive rebounds per game and kawhi averages 4.5

pgabriel and DonKnock like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His position though is irrelevant. Lebron is better than Kawhi on offense, so is Durant, they are SFs. Your position doesn't mean you have to be bad or good at a thing.

He's leagues better than Kawhi on offense, yes, PPG he caught up, but assists which are points created also Harden is leagues better as this stat shows. The reason Kawhi likely isn't asked to create much on offense could be that he simply can't and Pop as a smart coach isn't going to put him in situations and ask him to do things he can't do.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is a two edged sword IMHO.

Let us say Harden can do both very well and rebound to boot.

That means he is more valuable to the team but on the other hand he is very likely to get gassed and easily susceptible to small injuries.

He swore to himself to do too much. I think it will impact him in the playoffs, not necessarily the first round but Westbrook is going to drain him.

Second round the Spurs awaits. You would probably need a legit second playmaker.

19. basketballholic

Harden 460 turnovers this season compared to K. Leonard 541 turnovers for his career.

20. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

split41 likes this.