1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hard Knocks] Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Commodore, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

starts tonight

<iframe src="http://www.hbo.com/data/content/global/videos/embed/data/1389435.html?height=480&width=640" height="480" width="640" style="overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" seamless="seamless" frameborder="0" type="text/html"></iframe><div><a title="Hard Knocks: Episode 1 Preview" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true&vid=1389435&filter=hard-knocks&view=null">Hard Knocks: Episode 1 Preview</a></div>

2. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

kind of boring this year...

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think it is pretty awesome this year. You have to remember it always picks up after the second and third preseason games.

4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

mike smith makes me laugh...how could anyone listen to him preach about toughness, and buy into it? he seems like such a whip to me

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

2nd episode wasn't as good but still pretty interesting watch.

6. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

This seems like the most uninteresting season. None of the story lines are that interesting, and Roddy White just gets annoying as the main verteran. Mike Smith just seems like "some coach" that really doesn't offer too much. Philbin of the Dolphins and Smith of the Bengals at least had some character to them.

Harrison on the Bengals made for a fun veteran and some interest. Even the Miami quarterback battle was fun to watch. I just don't know what to take away from either episode from a "this is why I am going to tune in next week" stand point.

7. likestohypeguy

Good stuff.

The only thing I wish, and they don't do this that often, but when they show the super close ups of one on one drills set to music, to add to the effect they show fragments of the video from different angles, changing speeds, start and stop, replay etc. I'd just assume they show it from further away in real time, music or no, so you can see it better even if it doesn't look as cool.

Overall pretty awesome though. I love the real moments, the awkwardness of someone quitting with his backpack on, constantly trying to leave with the coach trying to talk him into waiting without making it look like he's dong so, juxtaposing every shot of a rookie reveling in his new apartment with corresponding parts of a vet's mansion, he's showing off, and the fights... Those fights do seem real. Best reality show on TV.

8. Commodore

Texans scrimmage/game will be next week.

9. Commodore

10. Bandwagoner

11. likestohypeguy

Apparently not on hbo-go until the following day?

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This is actually the first year its been on HBO GO at all... so can't really complain too much about it.

13. likestohypeguy

No not complaining, just trying to find out when I can watch it.

14. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Two thoughts on last nights episode:

- Loved JJ Watt's entrance - he is such a beast, but at the same time a nice guy based on his convo with Atlanta's coach. Loved how he manhandled Jake Matthews, enough for their O-line coach to call him "Freakazoid" in their post practice meeting.
    - Loved Swearinger and Harry Douglas going at it in practice. Swearinger doesn't take smack from anyone, love his swagger. I hope it translates over into the season. During the actual game, they show Matt Ryan and Roddy White saying he talks a lot but doesn't make any plays, and then they showed Swearing laying a nice hit on Julio Jones.

Good stuff - can't wait for the season to start.

1 person likes this.
  15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

was going to say both of these... but you already did it for me!

JJ's entrance was so bad ass haha, i want a gif of it!

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love how in the first episode, they emphasized how the Falcons were addressing their lack of toughness from last year, only to completely destroy that impression when they were instructed to take off their pads because it was too hot in last night's episode.

17. Bandwagoner

I'm jumping on the bandwagon that this year sucks. If it wasn't for the Texans and bryan cox I would bail for next year.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd agree the texans part and Bryan cox have been the only things remotely interesting to me thus far.

Bryan cox-"I been f-ing since I was 10"

19. likestohypeguy

Awesome. I could have done without the graphic surgery opening. The hydration medical stuff was ok, my limit.

jj watt as "lol well that's boss level opponent" was pretty cool.

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Swearinger for the amount of time he runs his mouth, he doesn't make enough plays. He doesn't wrap up and always goes for the big hit. Remember how he tried to lay someone out the same way last year and the other player bounced right off of him for like 40 yards? I can't even say he's overrated because most ppl know he's closer to a bust than a superstar at this point.