1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hard Knocks 2016 - LA Rams

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Jul 28, 2016.

1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Fisher seems like the absolute worst coach... How does he stay employed?

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Like the NBA they just like to recycle coaches over and over again.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's only been recycled once.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This HK sucks so far. All it really proves is that the vast majority of NFL athletes are complete idiots and coaches provide very little function outside of swearing repeatedly.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...coaches say a lot of bs. I loved it when Fisher was laying into the team that he won't accept 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 this year. Well, that's nice! And, he was piggybacking that little speech off of the rules violation where the player had a woman visitor in his dorm room and a WR who didn't come ready to play at practice because he had a banana for breakfast that upset his body. There's just a lot of stuff coaches say while trying to be firm that doesn't make a team better. It's a lot of "RAH RAH!!!". A lot of that stuff goes in one ear and out the other ear of each player. I'm sure the players do a lot of selective listening in those meetings. There's so much "we're going to do stuff the right way" mumbo jumbo and then the team is still average when it's all said and done. Jason Garrett talks a lot about "doing it the right way" and I'm sure tries to instill his values into his players. Yet, we really have yet to see any real payoff for this change in culture bs. The Cowboys are still the f-ing Cowboys.

6. what

what Member

- any player that doesn't listen is pretty stupid. this isn't some backyard game, these players are playing for their kids and family. you seem to think this is so sort of game they are playing with each other. football is a business and your job security is pretty thin.

so i doubt it goes in one ear and out the other. maybe it does with Adam "Pacman" Jones. But not most players.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I suppose the young guys need to hear it because they are learning how not to mess up but the vets have heard it all before and better understand what is at stake. I just think a coach can talk a bunch of smack to his players and, while I'm sure they hear it, it's not something that in and of itself improves the player or the team. Therefore, it goes in one ear and out the other. This...compared to learning the system, practice and repetition, etc. .

AH...FORGET IT!!! The Rams are on their way to 12 - 4. So are the Cowboys! All these motivational coach speeches are the reason why! ;)

8. Poloshirtbandit

That one dude was laying on the floor eating chips while the Marine coach screamed and cussed.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Pretty boring season so far. Fisher is just such a dud. This show isn't nearly as good if the HC has no personality.

Last night's episode was a sleeper until the actual game started about 2/3rds of the way in.

That chop block was a total b**** move. Who does that during a preseason game?

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Fallen asleep during each of the episodes this year... never happened before.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the first 2 episodes, I agree, it's boring. Their ratings have to be in the dumps.

12. Poloshirtbandit

Kush is pretty much the only thing entertaining about this season. I got a chuckle out of Keenum scaring people with the remote control thing.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Very boring and Goff might be r****ded.